jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Friday, April 4, 2008

random thoughts on career choices and what fate gives us

I will be handling the incoming seniors next school year...and we've started preparations for their college and career pathing so to speak when they were in their junior year...and I just bet that until now they still don't know what course to take...

What's quite disheartening too is when I discover that my former students are currently not enrolled in their initial course choice...or in their initial school...or have dropped out entirely...
my first batch of students are currently in their 3rd or senior year of college...and whenever they visit...and when I get to chat with them...to catch up...I hear some complaints of how hard it is in college...especially from those people who really did not like the courses they're enrolled in in the first place...waaaa kawawa naman yan...mahirap talaga yun...

I've heard that a lot of my former students have stopped or dropped out of classes because of financial constraints and other family problems...I've heard news ... just yesterday to be exact...he used to study in UST - accounting...but now he has been debarred is what they call it and is now preparing his applicaiton for PSBA....another one whom we met yesterday too...I just confirmed that he is now studying in Southville...taking up Masscom...he used to be enrolled in UST taking up Education...ano ba! and I told him I so wanted him to finish that course cause it was highly unlikely of him to be a teacher and that's the chance for him to probe that he's worthy...pero...like any other student...their problem were their grades...FAILING grades...cause most colleges have a maximum is it what's it called?...units that you can fail in a particular sem or a year...if not you're out!...I also heard that one student who used to study in Ateneo is now enrolled in APC...sayang naman kasi matalino pa naman sya...

at madami pa akong nasagap na balita tulad nyan...

so sad though...and here I thought they're more than prepared...they've set their goals and they're aiming for it...they'r emore than ready...

hmmm...eh ako nga eh...nyahahaha...

i won't be surprised to see...most of them...when they do graduate from college...they will either be employed in a call center or...opening their own business or doing something entirely different from what they took up...
wahahaha...


*****


Now I don't really know what fate has set for this person I know...
Pero diba...if you really like someting...you go for it right?

Reminds me of this line in Paulo Coelho's book The Alchemist...
It goes something like:...If you really desire something...the universe will conspire for you to achieve it...

And I think so far everything has fallen into place for this gal...and I bet more is in store for her...

Ang sa akin lang...sana talaga...ang tao ay nilikha na 2 utak, 8 ang galamay para magawa natin ang lahat ng gusto natin gawin...at para mapasaya natin ang lahat ng tao sa paligid natin..walang magtatampo..walang magrereklamo at walang mangkukutya dahil ito ang gusto mong gawin sa buhay mo eh...

*****
i miss my heartbeat for you...

I bet you've seen that this is my recent status message and my kabarkada (former student) said upon seeing it: at sino naman tinutukoy mo diyan?

and then I thought...why?...should it pertain to someone?...
could it not pertain to someone's obsession?...his passion...his interest...

hmmm seems like the same thing as...kilig huh...
hahaha

pero i honestly... initially thought of...yup...i kinda miss my heartbeat for you...whoever you are...di ko rin alam yun kung sino eh...hahaha...

pero onga...nakakamiss rin yun kilig...eh ganun eh wala eh...
so i simply miss it...not the person maybe...but the feeling...
(naks! parang un kanta ni lea salonga haha)

1 comment:

TiKisokA said...

OMG!
that is great news...
will go check it out =P

thanks!