jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Sunday, April 13, 2008

random thoughts on people, about people and on some people

I can never tell or guess a person's age...esp nowadays...this generation...the younger ones look mature for their age...some of my kids, aside from them being bigger than me, they look more mature now unlike when I was their age....grabe inosente ako noon...sila ngayon di na ata haha...
and what amazes me more is when I discover great talent in young people...I don't know but I think I get to correlate age with talent...the older you get...the better you are or should be...hey! biased noh?! so ibig sabihin di na talented ang mas bata? haha...
well these guys proved me wrong...







I give you just one chance to guess their ages haha




*****


speaking of age...I'm getting old haha...



another one just admitted to me that yup she is old...


and there are just some people that despite their age...they still remain the same...or what i mean is...they still look the same...

case in point: we just came from Batangas (last Sunday, April 13)...and my Ma had a mini reunion with her old officemates from IBAA (which became PCIBank back then)...another officemate was here for a vacation from Australia where they are now based...and of course they grabbed the opportunity to get together...and there at Batangas syempre what do you expect?...kulitan! kwentuhan kainan!...wasn't able to determine how long they've been officemates...but I know them long before...since a few of them were our godparents...so anyway...they still look quite the same...just a different style haircut...or a few or more white hair here and there...still the same fashion sense...still the same sense of humor...grabe sila maglaglagan ha! walang pakundangan sa pang-aasar at panlalait!...kaming mga anak na sinama dun (5 kaming "bata" dun, pero twentysomething na rin) natatawa na lang sa kanilang pag reminsce at pangangantyaw sa isa't isa...

I wonder if I would maintain close relationships with my current workmates?...

*****


speaking of work...
hay naku ... i don't know how we guys do it...working on a few hours of sleep we were still able to pull off another open house in Seton...wohoo!
as usual...crammer na naman ako!
I was out the night before diba?...I knew I was assigned to discuss one topic...pero as in I did not prepare for it...
just around hmmmm...roughly an hour before my part started...



I was pacing back and forth in the backstage trying to rehearse...what rehearse?! eh wala nga akong script na ginawa! hanep sa spontaneous! ewan ko ba...mas gusto ko ata nasstressed out ako sa ganun...



sabi naman nila ok naman naging kinalabasan...I do remember I did not end my spiel...I mean I just gave a one liner and left the stage....di man lang nag thank you?! haha...buti na lang naka post na yung "thank you" sa slide na gamit ko...

wala tuloy silbi ung index card na sinulatan ko haha kasi di ko naman natignan sa anxiety ko!
hanep!

wag tularan! haha


*****

one teacher greeted me before the program started last Saturday...I think she had nothing else to say but commented on my pants...


"Nakakatuwa ka Kit...ang ganda ng pantalon mo...nakaplantsa..."
"Po? Hindi ba po pinaplantsa ang pantalon?"
"Hindi diba ang pantalon nde naman pinaplantsa...pero as if naman alam mo eh alam ko di ikaw ang nagpaplantsa..."
Heheheh (cue embarrassed laughter)


I can't help but look down at my pants and see what's wrong with it...so what if it has pleats ironed on it...isn't that the way it is?!


ay ewan...sorry di ako nagpaplantsa ng damit ko eh haha



*****



I get quite irritated when my name is misspelled...who wouldn't?...
If you heard me give you my name for the first time...how would you spell it?


I know...I bet you might spell it this way too




if I remember correctly...that happened to me at Starbucks twice I guess...and those were the times when I didn't see fit to spell it to the barista...



oh well...

*****



I remembered reading this post by my "ex-partner" Katek about cross cultural habits....
one post there was the comment about us Pinoys...saying goodbye...but would take us so long to actually leave the place...

naghihintayan talaga...kungdi pa may maunang magaya na umalis...o umuwi...wala ang tagal talaga...




katulad nung Friday...susme ha!


ano ba? bye na nga eh...ang tagal pa rin umalis...tignan nyo nainip na tuloy sa kakahintay toh dalawa haha


*****


I am shocked...amazed...dumbfounded even...that there are people who are so sweet and thoughtful...unlike me! haha

this new girl I just met last Friday...her name is Olivia by the way...this effervescent and bubbly lady chatted us up once she took her seat at our reserved table in the Red Crab resto...I knew she knows Jeff and was waiting for a cue from Jeff to at least introduce me to her right...and then she turns to me and goes..."Hi Kit sorry ha...." yada yada yada...i quite forgot what she said next coz she was so hyper haha....and I turned to my seatmate Jeff and exclaimed...kilala nya ko?!
"Oo naman kasi diba sa multiply..."
onga naman...

and dig this...ano ba! di ko birthday...at alam ko ang recent lang nagbday nun ay si Joy...at si JT....tapos malapit na rin bday nun ni mJ...so walang nagcelebrate ng bday so walang dahilan kung bakit sya maglalabas ng rabbit out of a hat na parang magician...


"Pakana mo toh mJ noh?!"

"Hindi ah...sya may gusto nyan!"

Thanks so much Olivia...and you need not bother really...

I now have two of them haha

No comments: