jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

what sacrifices have you made?

just watched ellen last night on 2nd avenue...that's cable to the uncivilized people out there...and they were talking about doing little acts of kindness and how that can snowball into something great....


of course I really did tune in to watch ellen coz her guest was David Cook! wohoo!...but I'm digressing...


and the resource speaker Dr. Wayne (something hehe) mentioned how a former teacher in the university in detroit helped him get in because he really wanted to become a teacher...and 46 years later because of that simple act of kindness by that prof...he now sends students to school because he has earned enough money through his books and all that and he's now a PhD holder and has his own "scholarship foundation" of sorts...


hanep diba?


and he urged the audience to take note of their simple acts of kindness...


so what have you done lately? without expecting anything back...



*****



actually what I really wanted to talk about here was...


talk about jumping from one topic to the next!!! haha...if you're a close friend of mine...you would understand...this is a habit of mine...


anyway sorry I'm veering away again...


for the past few days...I think it was last week...since one of our stand fans broke down and died haha...we have 3 bedrooms and each has a stand fan...what died was the one in my sister's room...and my Mom lent them hers...and we were supposed to buy a new fan last Friday was it...but unfortunately we didn't get to buy one...long and embarrassing story so anyway...so since wawa naman si nanay ko...I gave her mine muna...


so for the past....hmmm i think it has been more than 3 days...that I've been sleeping with my room door open to let the air in haha...huwow! it's was difficult the first night coz I want to sleep with the fan's noise lulling me to sleep...i usually wake up during blackouts coz I knnow I don't hear the fan's humming noise =P....and diba it has been raining again lately so the weather is quite humid...yuck...init talaga...haaay...good thing though is that at least I have a corner room...so I'm the only one with windows on 2 sides of the room...my Ma did say I had the airiest room in the house... haha


so I was just thinkning earlier...initially I was complaining about not having a fan of my own for a few days...and I thought if I can survive a few days sleeping in this weather...without a fan...


what more can I sacrifice huh?


I bet I can think of a lot...let's see if I have the gumption...the fortitude to really give up some things...


oh well...let's see


No comments: