jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Monday, February 16, 2009

V-day weekend alone - day 2

How did you start your Valentine's day?...Well I started it late...too late... I arrived at home only at around 2:30 that morning from my gimik the previous night, right...and Ihad to wake up for work on a Saturday...and yup I arrived 15 minutes late! First time this year! haha and hopefully never again...


So after our regular office work in Seton - it's a good thing Saturday work is just half day - me together with my officemates Liza and Grace thought of killing time at Alabang Town Center... that's more than convenient for me since I really had plans of watching the jazz fest scheduled later that night and planned to really kill time in ATC - either watching a movie or just walking around...

And so we had our lunch...after so much debate...at Tempura... finally! it's my first time to eat at this resto!!! (despite me always passing by this resto at SM I don't get the chance to eat there ever) Let's see how it compared to...my fave Tokyo Tokyo...or even to Teriyaki Boy...



Well I enjoyed the seafood...that's the only reason I go to these Japanese restos - to have my regular dose of shrimp...tempura! The tempura here is better than what I usually have in tokyo tokyo...and I liked their tori teriyaki...sweet as expected...Though I don't go for sushi and all that Japanese food - I was otherwise fascinated with the caterpillar roll - it was aesthetically cute! haha...


So yeah I guess it's worth coming back to this resto... will try some other of their bestsellers... soon...



Seafood Ramen




Caterpillar Roll




Tori Teriyaki (chicken) and Mixed Seafood Tempura




Tendon (shrimp rice topping)



*****


One thing I learned this day from my friend Liza is that.... if you want to loosen up a bulging tummy...after having a very FULL-filling and delicious meal...play arcade basketball! hahaha...


So to kill more time...and since Liza and Grace still wanted to accompany me at ATC before they leave...we tried out Timezone...oh and have I mentioned it's my first time to play at such a place??? arcades, video games and stuff like that are just not my thing sorry! hahaha


But after watching Liza swish some shots...she urged me to try it...and guess how many points I got!...a whopping 10 points!!! wohoo! hahahaha pathetic!


At least it worked! nawala talaga kabusugan ko! haha


Now the next tging we did I am ashamed of! haha... I am not a singer watsoever... I do not sing!!!...I hardly can carry a tune!!... but being reassured that the videoke booth was soundproof...so I thought...why not?!?! I sincerely hope that nobody I know saw me that afternoon...as I did backup vocals for my friend haha....



to see more of the photos above click HERE



*****


So I still had more time to kill until the jazz fest start at 6pm...so they accompanied me to look for the laptop bag...some big bag I can use for our laptop...but still haven't been able to find one till they had to leave me...


On my own, I exercised and walked around and I mean around ATC searching for that elusive laptop bag...any bag will do...a big shoulder bag to be precise...like the one I currently use for it...so that I can place both the laptop and my "other stuff" - stress on the other stuff so it really should be big!! haha


And I finally found this small booth that sells laptop bags, laptop sleeves...different styles, different sizes....wahahaha nylon materials and thick inner protective coverings and all that...to the tune of... 1,300 - 3,000 pesos!!!! wahahaha AYOKO NGA! kamahal ha! susme! will continue my search for that normal bag that will fit my laptop...


OMG! it's pink!

After almost giving up...well by the time I went to Powerbooks and thought of buying a new book instead...I saw this rack near the cashier...you guessed it! puro sya laptop bags...this techie tote thingy...sorry I forgot the brand name haha...and since the price was within my credit limit wahahaha... I grabbed one and bought it...

Goodness of all places to find my laptop bag...sa Powerbooks pa?!...oh btw I didn't get to buy me a new book anymore for obvious reasons haha



my sister bought the other 2 bags even before we had a laptop for her own purposes haha



*****


As I mentioned in an earlier post, I planned to watch the jazzfest in ATC...because I knew that Sinosikat? will be performing...among other jazz artists..


.

this photo taken in Glorietta

Them being the main act, I had to wait and watch this band Dejavu (I think their name was) - three jazz musicians...and they asked someone from the audience to jam with them on keyboards!...and this new band Yosha... (this band am quite familiar since I saw their name listed in the lineup of my friend's show which he produced in route 196) - I specifically liked what the female vocalist was wearing huh...trench coat in high heeled boots haha...and yah their music was commendable! can't say much about them yet since it's the first time I've seen them performed - something new to my ear, something I could watch again, maybe - but by the looks of how the audience received them...well I guess they'll go places if they aren't already haha...



Though I realized one thing that night...after enjoying another wonderful soulful performance by Kat and her 4 bandmates... the so called purist jazz? hmmmm maybe that's something I might learn to enjoy in about...twenty something or so watching of shows hahaha....It might just put me to sleep...the first band almost did...but hey they all sounded pretty good huh


I so miss my music appreciation lessons haha

No comments: