jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

V-day weekend alone - day 3

When I say that I celebrated Valentine's weekend alone...I meant literally...since I had our house all to myself since Friday...that's the reason why I made excuses not to get home early and spend time malling or with friends...

And on my 3rd day...I still had the house to myself...until my Ma and sis arrive back home from Pampanga in the afternoon...and since I don't know how to cook...I had to fend for myself yet again...so after hearing the morning mass...I was battling with myself whether to go to SM and take out food or to eat there and kill more time watching a movie...and then I decided to let the movie lineup decide for myself...

It's been a long time since I watched a movie alone and I missed doing it...and it's a good thing that Underworld The Rise of the Lycans is still showing...yey! though I was early and had to eat lunch first and yup you guess it walk around the mall...

The day before I was browsing through the record bars looking for videos on sale...and I saw and remembered that I still don't have a copy of Meet Joe Black.... I don't know but for some reason I really like that movie...aside from it having Brad Pitt there...his not-so-innocent character there is swoonworthy! it had Anthony Hopkins...goodness! something not so scary like his Silence of the Lambs fame haha...and those 2 guys can just wear their tux superbly! I don't care that some parts may be dragging...heck! the movie is almost 3 hours long goodness! But I don't know...I really enjoyed that movie...I remembered I watched it with my Ma and my Tita and I was literally dragged along and had no inkling what we were going to watch or what the movie was all about...but I liked the cafeteria scene...and the pool scene and the fireworks! haha

So after looking into 2 different record bars...just to compare prices...well they both had the same price for it anyway haha...I ended up buying the DVD...


and next on my list would be Jerry Maguire haha



*****



I was eager to watch Underworld Rise of the Lycans ever since I saw the movie trailer (while watching Twilight! haha)...as in I can't recall how I got swooped into this universe...I really loved Kate Beckinsale as Selene (I even don't know if I had the spelling right haha) in her tight black pants! even Keanu of The Matrix fame can't be sexier than her haha...I have both the origian and sequel on video...gosh! and just a few weekends ago...incidentally when this 3rd movie started showing...I went through and watched both movies in video again... in agitation...in anticipation of this 3rd installment!!!...

Yey! Finally I got to watch it... and no...this is no movie review...coz obviously I'd be biased haha... and SPOILER ALERT! this is the prequel...so you have to watch the 2 movies first before going to see this...and it was a good thing since I'd be more than disappointed because of the ending that would leave the audience "hanging"...

You know what's funny though...and it was a good ting that I was alone while watching this movie...there were a few scenes that made me teary eyed....waaaaaa! SPOILER ALERT!...don't go further haha... the scene where Viktor condemned his own daughter to death was so...so... gosh! Bill Nighy's acting was so spot on - he depicted the devastated father figure to the hilt! And I specifically loved the vampires' blue eyes hahaha


This movie will be next on my DVD/VCD buying list once it's out...

No comments: