jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Monday, March 16, 2009

another weekend gallivanting...

it's kinda weird how...when I spend my money...I usually do that for things that I like...that I usually don't need...yet! haha...and at times when I need to spend... that's when I don't! and rather be...what's the term in Tagalog?... nagkukuripot?!? and that usually happens when I watch a show...or gig...so whenever there are free mall shows and I like the artists I would find the time to go watch them...wohoo!

so this weekend...after another Saturday work...I was up for anything...had no plans or errand at home so I didn't need to get home early haha...so was looking for any excuse to...well do some gallivanting...and lo and behold my officemate Grace needed to buy her dress for the graduation...and so we went to look for it...at Glorietta! susme! ang layo haha...but hey why not?! We went around and around checking out the botiques...which were nowhere to be found?!?! waaaaaa! Glorietta 1's ground floor had all the stores boarded up...what happened?!?! and we read the signs...and they all moved to GLORIETTA 5?!?! huwat?!? yun pala yun bagong building along Ayala Ave, beside Intercon...gosh! and was it posh! goodness! and that's where we were able to buy her dress (blouse actually and I bought one for myself...different color tho)... and there was a small stage put up in the middle of the center...gosh! a free show...and we read that The Company was scheduled to perform that afternoon... (it was still around lunchtime then)...

so let's see if we can still make it...after looking for some shoes...back at Landmark...while we were searching for a white pair of wedge shoes...I thought of texting mJ coz I saw her facebook stat earlier that day - saying that she had this meeting... and so I asked where she was and how did the meeting go?...and she texted back that she booked this deal for The Company for a show in Cebu...haha...and I texted back...that I saw that they have this show later in the afternoon at Glorietta where I was...and she texted back...TO MEET UP coz she too was backstage!!! hahaha

and on that special day...I am now offically one of "friends of mJ" hahaha... that's how Moy of The Company introduced me and Grace to the rest of the group...gosh! they were all friendly...galing talaga ng powers ni mJ haha...thanks ha! I think my friend is still a little awestruck! haha kidding!

and this is where we spent the rest of that afternoon...watching a SUPERB performance by The Company!...the last time I watched them live (actually the first time that was) when I watched their 20th anniversary concert at the CCP...I even bought their CD then...though I can't find it yet (better check it back home)...and while waiting for the show to start... I bought my copy of Group Hug...I read a review about this CD and was interested enough...so why not?! and I didn't realize that the FILharmoniKA with Gerard Salonga is in the album...haha sorry I didn't read the label...the group's name was enough for me...


source

and when the show started...and the group did their cover songs from the album...and of course their hits...Now that I Have You and Pakisabi na Lang...are just few of my faves..all of us were really just enjoying their performance...their voices were so smooth...I never am FOR group bands or boy bands for that matter...pero grabe! basta! kakaiba sila...no wonder they're still around...they're THAT GOOD!...goose bumps! haha...esp when they sang Abba's Take a Chance on Me....OMG! WAS THAT ACAPELLA?! ang bobo! ang tagal bago ko na-realize yun! haha...Galing talaga!

after the show...had to line up for autographs...and it was so nice for Moy to have a good memory and remember my name...and they all signed my CD and poster..I gave that to Grace...unfortunately mJ forgot to bring her camera so no photo ops...so you would just have to be satisfied with these photos

Nice!...so where were we off to next?

Right outside...at Glorietta 4 park...Martin Nievera was having his own show...and we were able to catch a few of his songs...his show coincided with The Company's so we were only able to catch the end of his show...


But no fret...I got to watch him the next day!...at Alabang Town Center...goodness! another free show...another promotional gimmick of malls...haha...and everybody else bites...


and as usual...Martin was his humorous self...bantering in between songs with his audience...and he was accommodating enough to do some requests...haha the crowd was eager for him to do some songs aside from the ones in his new album - all cover songs...and he did some Tagalog songs - his famous Ikaw ang Lahat sa Akin...and Kahit Isang Saglit! - I was one of those who shouted for him to do this haha...and Ikaw ang Aking Pangrap - i think this is the theme from Lobo that teleserye...sorry di ko alam yun eh...

Martin Nievera - Ikaw ang Aking Pangarap

he did an impromptu medley of those 3 songs! haha...galing!



and his CD had a lot of famous love songs...I especially liked his version of The Last Time (OMG! did I get the title right?!)...too bad I didn't buy his CD tho...I'd have to think about it haha...



*****


after Martin's show, our family friend treated us to dinner at this new Persian Grill resto....MIRAJ... located at Aguirre Ave. near the intersection of Elizalde Ave, BF Pque.... it's a small resto...just started with their soft opening last week...


so if you're into kebabs and shawarma and pita and all that stuff...try their stuff...their open from 6pm till 2am from Tuesdays to Sundays....



No comments: