jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

So last Christmas...I was a little bummed out coz nobody thought of buyng a book for me as a Christmas gift...so I ended up buying one for myself haha...
After The Notebook and The Wedding...and A Walk to Remember
this is the 4th book I have of Nicholas Sparks...
am not really an avid fan...
and as I said...it ws really just coincidental why I bought this book...I had nothing else to buy anyway...
and it was one of his latest then...
so why the hell not?

and I read it over the Christmas vacation...
and loved it!
you know what my gauge of how superb a book is?
it's when I get teary eyed or really cry over tender endearing scenes...
and Nicholas Sparks in The Choice had a lot of tender cute romantic scenes...
very typical of him...

I would rate this... 4 thumbs up haha
though I still love The Notebook of all of them...


synopisis below:

Travis Parker has everything a man could want: a good job, loyal friends, even a waterfront home in small-town North Carolina. In full pursuit of the good life -- boating, swimming, and regular barbecues with his good-natured buddies -- he holds the vague conviction that a serious relationship with a woman would only cramp his style. That is, until Gabby Holland moves in next door. Despite his attempts to be neighborly, the appealing redhead seems to have a chip on her shoulder about him...and the presence of her longtime boyfriend doesn't help. Despite himself, Travis can't stop trying to ingratiate himself with his new neighbor, and his persistent efforts lead them both to the doorstep of a journey that neither could have foreseen. Spanning the eventful years of young love, marriage and family, The Choice ultimately confronts us with the most heartwrenching question of all: how far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?

http://www.nicholassparks.com/Novels/TheChoice/Index.html

No comments: