jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Friday, April 3, 2009

pakbet pizza with SPIT

so before you get grossed out with what you've read so far...this isn't any Fear Factor challenge whatsoever...this is just what I thought of to grab your attention...

you know how we make word associations right?... so this is what I am to do as I continue on with this..pakbet....pizza...spit....hope you have an average IQ so you can follow along or maybe some quirky way of thinking so you can understand my wave of thought....


*****


Pakbet


I was hungry when I arrived at Mag-net Cafe and upon reading the menu...what drew my eye was one of their specialties...I really just had to take a picture...coz that's the only tim eI would get near any Pakbet Pizza! wahahaha


Don't get your hopes up coz I didn't order THAT!


What we did ended up ordering was this Filo-wrapped Sisig...hmmmm curious...curious...and we were quite anxious - me and mJ - coz it might be one of those Hooters mini burger scenario all over again haha - but wow! though it is the same in size - I mean it too was MINI...it was delicious!...wonder if I'd get to find this food in some other resto?...or maybe we can try it out at home...it seems easy enough to do....yeah right! as if i Cook! hahaha


mJ enjoyed her bite-sized sisig



Filo-wrapped Sisig



isn't it obvious that I liked what I was eating?!



we also had chicken wings and wasabi french fries! yikes!



*****


Pizza


You know that pizzas have different flavors...sizes...and slices right?...though we didn't get to order one that night...I thought of comparing the show to pizza coz it had the same qualities...sweet...spicy...deliciously (funny!)..appetizing...and making you want for more! nyahaha


Slices...What's the max number of slices one can make on a pizza? 18? haha...If you were to order a pizza which had different flavors for each slice...that would better describe the quirky personalities comprising this group of people - SPIT or better known as Silly People's Improv Theater...they may have different comic styles and antics - a sweet lady, an English speaking nerd, a Filipino teacher, a Jewish cutie and Doraemon!...but put them all together...they make one hell of a pizza! Where can I order for more?


*****



SPIT


Silly People's Improv Theater, better known as SPIT...was the reason I set off for Katipunan QC on a Thursday night...huwat?!?! I've heard a little about this group of people...from my Sittizens friends of course...and since I didn't have work that Thursday...i thought why not jump on the offer...I had nothing else to do anyway...

And boy was I entertained!...I loved the concept of them interacting with the audience...it's like the audience is part of the scriptwriting...coz they ask for topics from the audience..a.nd they come up with this sily skits and scenarios...and they were performing to an honest crowd - meaning they laugh when they want to and just keep quiet if you don't tickle their fancy haha...

I liked their games!...they gave me ideas for some activities we can use in school...nyahaha...Also the show made me realize how corny jokes are downright funny...


You know how I tend to word associate?...and so to better explain the title of this post...so here goes = pakbet - veggies - which I don't eat right? haha - so I eat meat...any meat...and interestingly enough...alot of the quotes or topics that night was all about meat or animals...


During their "jeopardy" game...one contestant posed as Ms. Piggy =P...and one of the topics was Shakespeare...they asked the audience for an answer in relation to Shakespeare and I shouted out - Hamlet!..."Ms. Piggy approached the mic and said... "What is the name of my son?"



Another game which involved 2 guys from SPIT, they had to enact a situation involving an argument between 2 guys...and the host asked for a topic...and someone shouted out...Chicken! huh?! how can 2 guys argue about chicken?!?! well they did "argue about chicken" and made the crowd happy they settled their issues haha...

And this is what made me really really laugh...I forgot what the game was called...I think it was their Survivor game...and we had to vote out someone least funny by clapping our hands the loudest...gets?! So asking for an old testament story from the audience...someone suggested...The Ten Commandments...and they all started giving out their one-liners...and the guy who won kept on dancing and "praising the golden calf"...hahaha sorry but you had to be there!


The Oracle had all the answers to your bizaare questions


I knew it was familiar coz I saw this before...


See that...i told you it was familiar hahaha



*****

And I just can't let this pass without being corny...there was this one game...we just had to give a letter...and any noun that starts with that letter...and the SPIT team comes up with a joke about it...


F....Florida...
Anong damit ang sinusuot sa Florida?... ANO? Eh di Pang-Beach...

S...Susi...
Saan nagluluto ang susi?...SAAN?...Eh di sa keychain...
Anong ginawa ng isang susi sa isa pang susi?...ANO? Eh di kini-keys...

Y...Yogurt...
Bakit mayayaman lang kumakain ng yogurt?...BAKIT? Kasi sila lang may culture?...
Sorry but they got stumped by that one and had to ask for another letter...hahaha

I forgot the other jokes and other games...so you better just try and catch their stints at Mag-net Cafe Katipunan and at Hi-Street...or just better check out their site at spitmania.multiply.com

to view more of the photos just click here


No comments: