jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Monday, April 6, 2009

thank God for friends... quotable quotes...

I'm known, at least in my close circle of college friends, to contact these guys whenever there is a getogether of sorts...tho it seems that through the years...our group is dwindling for some reason or another... especially now that our recent get together was for MC... our barkada is off to Australia...for an adventure! as in! would you believe she would be living there on her own as in no relatives! haha...and no work yet! wohoo! I jokingly told her...she'd find her special someone there eventually am sure of it! haha and now she has no reason not to keep in touch coz she would not have anything else to do but go online to keep in touch with us here...thru YM! haha... am also eager about her travel blog which she plans to do once she gets to Australia...

so speaking of friends and get together...Za, MC, Val and her husband Aris and Alexis...are the usual faces I see in every get together haha... blame it on the proximity - we all live down South except for Za and now Val and Aris who reside in QC - but hey they all have cars of their own... ako lang naman ang matiyaga na dinadayo un kitakits namin eh...but am not complaining mind you!

As long as there is always a Starbucks stopover game ako! haha and to think we did not stay that long...but enjoyed myself immensely as usual...

Alexis: Hindi nga Kit seryoso ako...sino gusto mo diyan?!


And these group of peeps are witness to my latest embarrassing moment...

There is good peer pressure and there is bad peer pressure haha! They know when my birthday will be...and since we all are of the same age anyway...they thought of things - ABSURD things! for me to do before i leave my teenage years!... hey! they should have thought of their own list too for their bday! but of course...I'm the gullible one and they thought of ten absurd challenges for me to do... and they gave me until my birthday to do it!?!?!


OMG! Peer pressure ito! hahaha



to see more of our kulitan photos click here


*****


Kit: ayokong mag-assume pero...invited ba ko sa kasal mo?


Let me give you a backstory to this...a very long one I believe...

You see personally I treasure my friends...all of them... hs, college, work, colleagues, sittizens, gimik buddies whatever I may call them... and I usually label them based on the degree or level of friendship or how long I've known them...and this helps me prioritize I guess is the word... like for example... if there are certain friends that I haven't seen in a long time...and they invite me to this get together which coincides with another kitakits with friends that I usually meet anyway...of course it's a given that I'd choose the former...basta yun gets nyo na yun...

But when it comes to weddings and invitations... I have a different take on that...in the sense that whenever I get invited... and I get to be invited to a few - beside the fact that only a few of my friends are getting married anyway haha - I really make sure that I go and attend... coz I know that they spend for the seat - just imagine a reception seat costs around P500 per plate? I think! am not sure but u catch my drift... So as not to add to the worry of the bride that they have to limit the guests to this number or they worry if hs or college friends will get pised when they don't get invited because there are a lot of family and extended relatives to be considered... I go out of my way and frankly tell my friends... you know what it's ok that you don't include me anymore - at least I don't get to worry about what to wear too! hahaha....

Case in point... my officemate...who I've known for roughly 2 years...will be getting married this May... and everyone in the office knows about it of course since she asks for our opinion with regard to her wedding souvenirs and other preparations and stuff... and I already expressed to her... that it's ok for her not to include me in her wedding invites to ease her expenses... and besides she needs to consider first family and relatives - and she has A LOT of relatives to consider mind you - and close friends - and since I've just known her for a short time I don't consider myself as one of her close friends but just one of her colleagues... but she just assured me that everyone at work is invited anyway


Another more recent friend of mine is getting married this year... I don't want to give the date... baka maunsyami! haha... and as usual...despite her including me in her "talks" with regard to her wedding preparations and her "wedding planning activities"... I'm still apprehensive and I don't want to assume... coz honestly for me... a wedding is an intimate event for family and close friends... so am kinda unsure... of my "friendship" with her... but one thing i am is frank!... so I ended up asking her point blank...whether I am really invited to her wedding coz i really don't want to assume... and she said.... No! I'm not! hahahahaha


*****


In answer to a Starbucks barista's query: "i'm a music lover, but the music doesn't love me back "


For 2 straight nights I've been spending my time in my fave place on this earth - a Starbucks cafe! haha... and just wanted to compare my 2 recent experiences... that the baristas in both the Starbucks I went to were...uber friendly! I guess you may call it...

When we were at Starbucks Bluewave... the barista gave this bonus coupon to my friend...and while the barista was explaining...I butted in and explained that it was a survey she had to answer to get a free drink...the barista further explained that she can say whether or not mabait sila or whatever...and unfortunately they were not in the mood (he mockingly said this) haha... the other barista also commented that how did I know about the coupon..I said that I already received 2 coupons like that... and he replied that maybe I frequent Starbucks alot! he had no idea! and he went on to ask whether I have a particular branch...and I sad that I didn't...basta Starbucks kahit saan oks sakin...how jovial can you get!...and that was also the first time I heard the baristas gaily greet a customer a Happy Birthday! I don't know though how they knew that - I guess she was a regular already haha...

Speaking of friendly baristas.... I was with friends at Starbucks yesterday...again.... for a get-together of sorts...again haha... and the barista there noticed our group... coz goodness! - I was there since around 330pm I think... and one by one the others came...it was so hot the sun was still up and we left the place around 8pm i think when the sun more than left!...the place was not full anyway and we were noticeable since we were having fun swapping stories... so anyway... when one of my friend - well 2 of my friends, which we found out later - made their orders... the female barista chatted them up... and simply asked... what brought us to Starbucks or what gorup we were, something to that effect... and she simply said... that we had common interests... love of music... and she went further and joked with the barista by saying "i'm a music lover, but the music doesn't love me back " haha


*****


This is my quote for today...


for my friends...there are sacrifices that I am ready to make...



No comments: