jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Monday, June 7, 2010

my birthday food chronicle

I was looking forward to a different birthday this year
and despite my spontaneous Boracay weekend trip - with my friend Chi
I still kinda felt incomplete in a way coz as shallow as my reason is
I wanted to have a normal birthday cake!
which I realized I didn't get except for this:

I appreciate the sentiment don't get me wrong (thanks Chi )


but as I said I was shallow and wanted a real birthday cake!
but hey! I still got to blow my candle -
as big as the one used during blackouts! wohoo!



So to compensate for my birthday cake


I ended up having
a (almost one) month long celebration
with friends
AND FOOD!!!


Mexican food

Soft tacos from MaƱana Mexican resto
right beside Starbucks branch in Station 2, Boracay
(oh and don't forget the margarita )


Now off to eating bar food!


Calamares

Maybe it was just served hot but I really found it delicious
Can't you guys tell?


I also had the spicy chicken fingers which was delicious too!
No photo of that though maybe because
we were quite tipsy courtesy of these two


Mojito & Apple Vodka

All thanks to Hey Jude, Boracay Station 2


Good thing I had enough energy to have breakfast the next day

Had to try this Calamansi Muffin
and loved it enough to bring home



I also can't help but pig out on these


and top it off with frozen iced tea!



Hmmmm had enough?

Well not me I guess...
Coz I still had time for...
these new favorites of mine


Will go back for more Sinangag na Sinigang
(or was it Sinigang na Sinangag haha)
and the Seafood Salpicao
and my usual Crispy Binagoongan
Cholesterol overload
at the Kanin Club


Which I was able to ease off with more...
Sugar intake!


Thanks to mJ for my Blizzard


and later that night...
I had an even bigger dinner


and is it real??!

Is this my birthday cake?!
all it lacks is a candle haha


And I'm not even done yet!
I had seafood overload
with another group of friends last weekend...
I told you my birthday was a month long celebration!
- we had another food trippin'
at the uber famous dampa in Macapagal Blvd...

Just imagine how 4 people were able to put away this...


and this


this


wait! that's not seafood?! haha


and this!



don't we look oh so satisfied after all that?


So yeah...
I guess that MORE THAN COMPENSATED
for my birthday cake...

so who am I to complain haha



*****

to see related photos click here:



No comments: