jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Me, ALDUB, Converse Chucks, Jack Purcell and Chuvaness

If you haven't been following me on twitter @tikisoka since you're fed up with me tweeting about anything AlDub then you probably don't know the backstory of my new routine that goes around anything AlDub...and Eat Buaga and the Kalyeserye...
I'll let you backread my public twitter profile and I don't have time or the inclination to make a backstory of how and why I started fangirling and supporting anything ALDUB... andpost it here because I'm going to blog about something else...

If you don't watch Eat Bulaga and dn't know anything about ALDUB by now then I suggest you stop reading this... I don't want to explain myself... because again that is not the point of this blog post...
(and yup this is how I write, I jump from one topic to the next so bear with me)

So yesterday in the Kalyeserye, we had the Birthday party of Lola Nidora, where a star studded children's party hahaha with a newspaper dance even was held right? I don't want to get into it... let the photos speak for itself...

(all photos credit to the owners)






And let us go to this one...
Remember how they were all fascinated by the fact that AlDub was wearing the same type of shoes...

"Di daw sila na-orient"

But I bet their stylists had the same wavelength of some sort...
and simply matched a pair of white rubber shoes with their red casual attire...

What caught the AlDub Nation's attention is that not only are their shoes "terno"
but they are the same brand and style


Yup!
I read the tweets... 
So they're talking about the couple shoes hahaha
The Aldub Converse couple shoes? 
basta couple shoes...

If you look at it and I bet whoever owns a pair would recognize that it is a 
CONVERSE JACK PURCELL



So let me leave this here and go to the next "connect" of my story...


So now let's go to Me... I've been wanting to buy a pair of Converse Chuck Taylors for the longest time so that I won't beborrowing from my cousin anymore - we have the same shoe size anyway... I just keep procrastinating I guess... or simply had no budget or whatever excuse I usually come up with not buying one...

After watching EB and the Kalyeserye and seeing all those tweets about the shoes... it made me want to go and buy... not a Chucks but  Jack Purcell too! hahaha 
I needed or simply wanted a new pair of white rubber shoes... it just popped into my head... 
and the nearest mall had a weekend sale...So what the heck? why not?! it's like I was thinking - I want to buy a Chuck Taylor anyway, that Jack Purcell shoes is Converse... why not now? I can afford to buy me more than a pair of shoes anyway ... hitting two birds with one stone people!

And I even remember that I tweeted - I bet the next endorsement or shoes that will increase in sale is that Converse Jack Purcell... because I for one will go buy one soon if not (that day)

So armed with this spontaneous urge to spend and buy myself a Converse... I convinced my mom and cousin to go dropby the mall to check out the sale yesterday afternoon -- after we watched CelebriTV of course - can't miss that first ALDUB interview - I just had to insert that here hahaha

... and one of my reason really is to buy new shoes and to simply shop for myself which I haven't done for a long time... Gosh! We'll get to that...

Ok so at the mall, we went first to Charles and Keith because I wanted to ask my cousin - who was leaving for their trip to SG (tomorrow) to look for this particular pair there which might be cheaper... 
but since I had this sudden urge to buy it already... I ended up buying the pair of boots I've been wanting to buy after seeing it on Meg and Meng hahaha - yup! - another ALDUB connection, right?

but personally I like boots anyway and a new pair is due hahaha and here's the pair that I bought... 
of course it had to be of a different neutral color so I can wear it to work/school... I posted "shoefies" on my Instagram too... so anyway...

So next on the agenda is that Converse Jack Purcell and Chucks!...

At the shoe store of the mall, we had to look for the Converse outlet first at the men's area because I wasn't familiar with it... and yup! they had white Jack Purcell style oe... same as what
Alden was wearing at the KS earlier...
so I was about to go ask for a size but hey I remembered to ask the shoe guy whether there's one for ladies and of course he pointed me to the ladies' area - they had Converse there... so off we go to check... I asked for the Jack Purcell style and the shoe guy - yup! it's a guy - I think with rubber shoes they leave the guys to do it not the sales ladies, but I digress - so anyway - He showed me the shoes but awwww only BLACK! I want a white pair... and for some reason I don't like a black air of rubber shoes, it's like any normal pair of shoes I wear to work everyday - uniform black shoes for work for us - and I ended up just looking for my main agenda - a new pair of Chuck Taylors! And good thing a few pairs of them were on sale so why not?

Below is my first pair of Chucks


 This one I semi-own with my cousin - 
meaning I paid for it but I can borrow it 
since she's been lending me her own Chucks




So even if I failed to buy that Jack Purcell - I plan to go to the Converse store in Alabang to check it out - I still am dead set to buying a pair.. I told you I want a new pair of comfy white rubber shsoes... it has nothing to do with AlDub!
hahahaha
Yeah right!

Ok so here's the next "connect" to my story


After shopping and frequenting other stores in the mall after the shoes splurge... I was one happy kid for sure since I told yah it's been awhile that I've shopped for myself... and I bet my credit card though will be singing a different tune but never mind that...
I digress again...

Ok on my way home, I'm not sure when exactly, I checked my viber messages - for those who have Viber - there are group chats, right? So I have one with my close college barkada friends and they are aware of my Aldub predilection - wait no addiction! hahaha
And so since they know that I've been mostly inactive in or grop chats and just pop in and out whenever I can... they know what would make me react or comment - anything Aldub! hahaha
So I'll like to share to you this convo...


FRIEND WHO JUST ARRIVED FROM A TRIP TO JAPAN:  
Yun Converse ni Aldub usong uso now sa Japan

OTHER FRIEND WHO KNOWS ABOUT ALDUB:
May Converse ang Aldub?



FRIEND WHO JUST ARRIVED FROM A TRIP TO JAPAN:  
Grabe! As in puro ganyan sa Japan now. Chucks and Vans



I didn't question my friend about her knowing about that "Converse ni Aldub" because aside from me, she uses Twitter as her news and updates source and though she "muted" me already as I told her hahaha she is aware of the Aldub hashtag and my "involvement" hahaha
And so I was not surprised that she knew something about it...
what was quite funny though is that it came from her of all people...

"Yun Converse ni Aldub usong uso now sa Japan"


I kid you not! That friend of mine is a housewife and mother of two but is also a jetsetter and whenever she can she gets to travel alot with family and friends... so I know when to believe stuff like that from her esp about her travels... she's quite a shopaholic too in the sense she knows what to buy...

So our chat group ended up sharing shoefies and I shared that I just came from the mall and incidentally bought a pair of Converse Chucks and etc etc,,, whatever is in our viber grp chat stays there unless I want to share hahaha ...

May Converse ang Aldub?


I had to explain a bit what's the connection between the Converse and Aldub and why my friend used that to refer to them...


I told you
I won't be surprised if (ALDUB) would be endorsing the Converse Jack Purcell or anything Converse for that matter... Look what happened to that Mac lipstick is it? or anything that they use... even if they're not outright endorsing it yet... bu there's a relative increase in sale...


Also... last night... alot of things were running through my head... about that Converse... those shoes... Aldub... that being their randomly chosen shoes... na di naman daw sila na-orient pero nag-terno scenario...  and my friend's comment about seeing it as the fad or "uso" in Japan...

Can you just imagine... me... who has been following Aldub as much as I can online... and me personally who has the habit of connecting the dots... can you just imagine what went running through my head last night? If you've seen my tweets... you'll get what I have been rambling about...
Darn those Jack Purcell!
hahahahah



Ok so here's the tie that binds 
sort of...
or that one thing 
that really convinced me to blog about this...


My jetsetter friend whom I mentioned earlier, I've traveled with her before to HK around 3 times already I think if I'm not mistaken... and I distinctly remember this one time... what she does in preaparation for all of her trips is to really do the research - good food, tours, where to go what to do etc.... she's the one who usually does it for their family trips - so I remember it was her who told me to check out this blog (this was during our first trip together to HK around 2-3 years ago)

http://chuvaness.com/  because she saw a blogpost there about a restaurant in HongKong we can go to check out when we're there...
So that's how I somehow started to follow the blog of Ms. Chuvaness whenever I can that is...

I remember when I learned she had a twitter account and a flickr account, I followed both her poss and photos uploaded on her accounts... I don't necessarily follow her blogs avidly ut as I said I'm aware of her blog...
I'm not that sure of who she is but from my jetsetter friend who kind of "introduced" her to me... I just assumed that she is this "elitista" and someone who knows people and someone with a beautiful foreign last name! hahaha
 digress again...

Fastforward to today
I follow her on twitter...
and I've seen and read her tweets and somehow also had a few convo tweets with her
about Alden - I particularly remember it was during that
13th or 14h weeksary Aldub episode - correct me if I'm wrong but it was the episode where -
Alden visited the barangay for the weeksary and Yaya was a no-show since she was with Tia Bebeng in Cebu - that was I believe the episode before the 3rd monthsary!
The weeksary episode where Alden first dubsmashed Yaya Dub... where he danced with a paper cutout of Meng... remember now? that episode!
So anyway...
I remember reading a tweet from ms. Chuvaness
"complaining" or ranting about what Alden looked like and what he was wearing...
I think she said something like him being too white like espasol or something hahaha
or his attire being too... I forgot already... basta! ms. chuvaness was tweeting about Alden's styling that episode...
it was funny mind you and I get what she's trying to say...
I think she even came to a point that she's threatening to stop watching hahaha
I don't remember what exactly I tweeted to her but I do believe I replied to it...
or to her succeeding tweets...
And I also remember that whenever she pops on my TL
what would catch my attention is her mentioning Aldub and her feedback on Alden's styling in particular...

And yup! I remember I read her one blogpost about Alden's visit to her house last week -
so imagine my surprise... because as far as I can remember from the few tweets of hers that I've seen lately that she still is a bit irked with Alden's "styling"
I also remember tweeting her... na parang akala ko ba ayaw mo na kay Alden... ahahaha
I should have saved those tweets I can't remember anymore... but I do remember she replied...

I replied and commented on her blogpost of her
Experience having Breakfast with Alden...




and this morning...
She posted the last part of her story...
which I incidentally saw in one of the FB Aldub groups I go to...
I told you before even if I know her blog I don't necessarily avidly follow her posts but when they do pop into my TL...
I try and comment as much as I can...

which I did...

So here's the post of Ms. Chuvaness posted on November 14...
http://chuvaness.com/breakfast-with-alden-richards-part-5/

I remember reading one of the blog posts,
so I had to backread to learn the backstory to Alden visiting her home...
It's quite a good heartwarming story...
Go check it out...





And so what now...?
hahaha



And let me end my story with this one

Ms. Chuvaness is a self-confessed Aldub fan, if you know and follow her, you'll understand how like me, we are both suffering from ALDUB fever...
hahaha
No cure for it I'm afraid...

What really still fascinates me until now is that yes ALDUB is a phenomenon 
and that ALDUB has touched and influenced lives from the masses to the elitistas... 
to the yuppies... from here and abroad... I mean like... almost every social status...



And in this AlDub Nation...
I am surely not alone...





No comments: