jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

random thoughts on earth day

and before the title misleads you...nope you won't see earth saving tips here - maybe not entirely but these are just thoughts runing in my head yesterday during earth day haha

*****

2 of my kids visited me in the office yesterday...

the first guy just lurked...he was making excuses coz it was obvious going to the guidance office that day was not the main reason he was in school...he further confirmed that by groggily saying that he just woke up...yah right and i sleep in evan rubber shoes too! haha

the second guy...poor guy...was trying to impress me and sheila (she was in my cubicle when he passed by) I guess because...amidst his asking our advice on whether he should enrol in this other review center for the summer...he goes and blurts out...miss nakikita nyo ba toh suot ko...zarra yan (I had to ask how it's spelled)...duh! who?...i was dumbstruck dumbfounded and he was staring at me like 'from what planet are you from?'...sorry but the name isn't familiar...miss naman!...he said his whole outfit was from that boutique...and sheila said it was this boutique in MOA....ohhhh kay....so?! hahaha...then I go...cute ka naman eh...naka pink ka kasi...bagay sa lalake ang pink (that was no joke, Christian!) and when he left to do his errand in another office... sheila further enlightened me that most of the items from that clothing store cost around a thousand bucks each...wahahaha i knew that one was a rich kid haha...

*****

i was planning to celebrate or at least commemorate earth day yesterday...by not using the aircon in the office...in the first place it wasn't emitting cool air that much anyway...hayup! and just opened my window...pero wala rin ang init! haha...if i really wanted to save I would have shut down mypc and just left the office and conserve electricity wahaha...

of course not haha

*****

I am not a domesticated person...I don't know how to cook...but I do believe now that when you're hungry enough and want to eat...you'd be more than eager enough to learn...

so the other day...i cooked fishball in the office! wahahaha ... the pantry was smelly afterwards! haha good day i brought along my workshirt...and they shouldn't complain coz they enjoyed munching away...

yesterday...I was armed to cook hotcake naman...though I didn't end up cooking it really...I just added and mixed the batter...and Pat did the cooking while Emma and I watched haha...I insisted that we should have 6 cakes coz that was what the box said...so we did have 6...and 2 extras haha...little yellowish (not so brown kaya ang ganda) hotcakes for merienda! yup! nde po breakfast...merienda haha...when we ate...emma had to eat more of the left over batter haha i used to do that too and eat more of the batter than of the cooked hotcake...

at dahil naghotcake ka...pa-burger ka naman! burger! burger! burger!

*****

and since it's earth day...and I was the one who posted here about the Starbucks earth day disc...of course I did not pass up the chance to have an excuse to go to my fave hangout...

after my errand...my mom fetched me and we went to Starbucks BF Pque...I wanted to see where Kim was working...she wasn't the one who greeted me at the cashier and when she eventually came out and saw me...the other barista was quite confused coz I was then directing my orders to Kim instead of him haha...wala ba akong discount kung bumili ako nung tumbler ngayon?!...

had to order green tea for Ma (yikes!) sige earth day naman eh go green! haha...of course I had my tumbler with me and got the P40 discount...Ma of course didn't kasi wala naman sya tumbler eh...

We didn't stay long coz Ma was feeling chilly...of course that's what happens when you drink something cold in a colder atmosphere haha...

too bad wasn't able to have my pic taken with the barista Kim maybe next time when I get back there...though I liked the smiley in the plastic cup haha

odiba green! earth day eh


hindi lang kita pero may smiley diyan after my name



*****

and speaking of burger....haha

there were lots of new restos pala in BF Pque huh...as in...new restos near BF Ruins...Gloria Maris...Pier One...Rai Rai Ken...that place will really be bustling once Robinson's Supermarket opens (wawa naman ang Tropical)...and there we saw Hotshots Burger haha...

burger! burger! burger! burger!

yup we took home our dinner from that place...sarap talaga burger dun...grilled kasi kaya kakaiba lasa nya para sakin

*****

and you thought my day ended that time...nop! maaga pa eh....haha...nagaya si buddy at ayun tambay daw kami....hanep! lumayas pa ako ng bahay ng 930pm...

and with my washed starbucks tumbler...went off and met up sa Mcdo Philam...then of course headed off to Starbucks for another discount haha...though I did not drink anymore coz diba i had mine earlier and I already had my burger! hanep sa katakawan...

after having a crink in the neck watching people entering Starbucks at around 11pm ...may nakita pa kami na family ha with lola and lolo (tho sa yellow cab sila nagpunta haha) dumating naman si Mylo...so syempre...what's up with you girl?...had just to ask about my former student - her younger brother - at ayun still the same...kainis! ewan ko ano kahihinatnan nun (he stopped studying and is busy with his SK)....

haaay at least good news came from Mylo...she's barely surviving college and she told me...she was the only one left in her barkada who is still in La Salle...nagsilipatan na sila waaaa... she's surviving amidst practices and competitions with fencing...huwat?! fencing huh!

Good luck with that, Mylo!

*****


kainis ha! nagddry na ang lips ko...ang init...global warming ito!...pansin ko na talaga...haha


*****

and yup I'm celebrating earth day with other people in Tomas Morato, QC this Friday...my problem would be...how to get there...haha

No comments: