jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

tale of unfortunate events - lost in the fort

I was recalling this movie of Jim Carrey...the children's book by Lemony Snicket I think hahaha....I know you know what I'm talking about...


This was what I thought as I arrived finally at my destination on that after-office-hump-day gimik nightout (hanep sa term!)...


Hay naku...if i were someone who has no sense of directions...I would have given up and bawled my eyes out crying my frustration...as I was looking for Mag:net Cafe at The Fort...I am soooo not familiar with that place in Makati...it is only accessible or convenient I mean...for people with their own vehicles! my goodness! What made my ordeal a little more challenging was I had to look for a place at night...susme! I could not get my bearings...there were a lot of new buildings since the last time I went there...that was...around November ba? Sitti's Fullybooked gig yun eh...


So here I was...drenched in perspiration...after cautiously trekking that eerily dark esquinita to the fort bus...which by the way had a malfunctioning aircondition...I was craning my neck trying to see familiar buildings...my klandmark was Serendra...and I can not find it...and after 3 bus stops...I risked it and went down on the next stop...grabe! dami ng establishments talaga dun at di ko nakikilala yun lugar...I anxiously looked for someone who could give me directions...so I asked this manong guard (bwahaha) how far was it to Serendra...kaya po lakarin? naku mam malayo po eh di kakayanin...it was 5 blocks away he said! So hmmmm...checking the time...and assuming that the show will start late anyway...I head back to the bus stop and wait for the next one...

After...around 20 minutes...one arrives...whew! at least it was a big new cool bus and there was a vacant seat right behind the driver...I paid and said Serendra po...He was good enough to point and tell me where I had to get off...and when I saw the buildings with B! and B2 I knew I was in familiar territory...


So now... I look for Mag:net...hmmmm....ang haba po kasi ng Serendra...and I was looking for a location map....wala! kainis!...and I was traversing only one side...
I thought maybe it is not here...but in the next cluster of buildings near Pier One...coz there were a lot of restos there, right?...So I head off to that direction...I think I circled that area twice...until I received directions from my friend that I should look for the Nike Building which I recalled I saw at Serendra!...Mag:net is at the 2nd floor...

OMG! I had to go back...susme! nasa kabilang side pala sya ng Serendra...
and you think I found the place immediately after that?

Nope!...
So there I was at Nike building...I looked and saw the sign Mag:net Cafe at the 2nd floor...but I circled around it and did not see which stairs to take...I was fooled by this tarpaulin ad hanging at the entrance...I assumed it was a learning center of sorts!...yun na pala yun stairs na kelangan ko akyatin...

And at the entrance...ano ba! sira rin yung aircon nila dun....nyahaha...well at least a few mnutes na lang yun...and...it was not hot inside of course...

Haaaay....it was a good thing I changed shoes that night coz I was wearing 2-inch stiletto heels earlier in school that day....kungdi grabe! FSH&/\$@#$# T

No comments: