jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

surviving a trip to Rockwell with P80

define: ironic...

attending a seminar on managing your finances while anxiously replying to your friends' "summons" to go to Rockwell afterwards to have dinner...on a very tight budget!
goodness!

I literally had only P80 and a few change of course...and all these I had to stretch so I can get to Rockwell Makati!..that would mean I had nothing else to do but go there and meet up with my friends and go home!

I was really making excuses for them...and wheedling my way out of it...it was so uncomfortable and inconvenient to be going someplace...on a gimik..with no cash on hand...

goodness! the horror! haha

and my friend just told me amidst my pitiful pleading...magtigil ka na...kelan ka pa naginarte?!? pumunta ka na!

and after texting my other friends to learn how to get to Rockwell...I was able to arrive there safe and sound...and minus P67 already! waaa!

goodness! if you only know...and I wasn't even dressed up for a night out haha...and I had my big bag with me with all my paraphernalia from school...yup as my friend said...ang arte nga
and after meeting up...dining at Dencio's (we end up having dinner usually in either Gerry's or Dencio's or that type)...having a bottle of SanMig Light...

and the bill came of course...and I just grinned and said...pwede babawi na lang ako sa susunod...?

then my friend said...bakit sinisingil ba kita?

sabay ngiti ako abot tenga at buntong hininga...

then this made me recall...one of the things I learned from the managing ur finances seminar i attended earlier that day (yup! no joke yun!) the spekaer mentioned that...maybe you don't have to change your lifestyle just because you earn more or what...

and when I was battling my conscience about whether to go ahead and meet up with my friends...I was jokingly saying to myself...

change my lifestyle? or change my friends?? haha

maybe not to both questions...

No comments: