jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

random thought from a former teacher...now a colleague

a few days before opening of classes this June, we had our annual retreat in Capuchin Retreat Center in Lipa Batangas...
And as expected we had group sharings...

Incidentally we were asked to come up with our little presentation during our socialization that night...anything goes...and I observed that in every group presentation...the Guidance peeps are either the most participative or the
ones who cooked up the ideas for each presentation...
I think we're most likely to come up with innovative ideas and such...I don't know haha...

And as expected they looked to me to come up with the idea what our group would present...my former teacher Ms. Babes Victa - my geom teacher and now working as math teacher in Seton South - readily "volunteered' me to come up with the idea since she said when it comes to dancing or singing or the performing arts or just plainly coming up with such ideas...she can't be relied on....I think it's the age


Let me get to the memorable part and why I'm blogging...
we had our group sharing and it's serious stuff...we had to share what we think of what we've learned so far....etcetc...and so at first we kept quiet....waiting for someone to speakup first...
and Ms. babes "volunteered" me again haha...and so I spoke up first...
and in the middle of my sharing...
Ms. Babes go and say...
onga pala Kit naging studyante nga pala kita...nakakalimutan ko...


I retorted:
Ms. naman eh wala naman kasing 'sharing' pag geom kaya di nyo naaalala na naging student nyo ko...



Though now in retrospect...her comment can mean alot of things...
either I was not a bibo student before and not very memorable in my hs days...or Geom was not a very interactive subject anyway for me to always recite...
or maybe she was just surprised to hear me sharing my opinion
and be that serious and insightful...
and just maybe we have something in common...
and share the same wavelength

or am I just getting old haha



No comments: