jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Friday, June 12, 2009

reality bites

a funny thing happened in school yesterday...
we were supposed to have the campus tour for the 1st year students during the orientation program last Wed...but due to time constraints we had to postpone it...but since they still did not have regular classes we were able to squeeze it in their schedule yesterday...

so after lunch we headed off to fetch the 1st year students, the counselors were assigned one section...
now as I was touring this class assigned to me...I saw this boy who looked familiar...
and while we were walking, I approached him and asked for his name, which he gave, and I told him that I remember him and that he looks familiar...and I simply walked back to the front of the line

back in the office, I mentioned this incident to my officemate and why I did that...coz he was the same kid who I remembered was crying during his first day in Preschool!
Before, the counselors assisted the preschool teachers during the 1st day of school - and I remembered him since he was crying and I had to soothe and accompany him throughout the class...
Goodness! That was preschool...and now he's 1st year HS!!!


*****

first day of classes...and there were lots of alumni visiting Seton...coz their classes were suspended because of the influenza A H1N1 cases around schools...
lots of kamustahan here and there...as much as I can squeeze it in since I was busy with the students orientation last Wed...

but I always had my ready kamustuhan questions: oh san ka na nagaaral? anong course mo? kelan pasok nyo? and so forth and so on

though after having lunch at around 4pm...another group of alumni were looking for me...and I gamely entertained them...but when I saw them...I had to pause and do a double take...I was so ready to ask my usual kamustahan questons but...wait! these are different faces - older faces so to speak...and I readily changed gears and asked...
Uy! kamusta na kayo? teka! graduate na kayo? working na ba kayo? how are the board exams?

And then I realized...I've had 2 batches of kids already...and I'm on my 3rd one


*****

most of my guy relationships, if there ever was a relationship , has always been one-sided...it seems like I'm the one who has the liking for the guys and they just don't see me that way - ever...

they usually tell me their problems with their lives, their family, their love life, sexy times and such haha...or maybe tsismosa lang ako at marunong ako makinig haha

I remembered that just last week, I finally watched the Ryan Reynolds movie Just Friends...
and swak! I'm that... I'm always...almost always in the friends zone with these guys...

And they never know different...of course as much as we tell each other stuff...there are still things I don't tell them

Oh well...

No comments: