jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 4 - Speak

I finished reading The Reader way ahead of my limit of 7 days! I think this is the 1st time I liked the movie better than the book... Well that's me...

*****
A few weeks back we visited our relatives in San Pablo, Laguna and I noticed in my cousin's room that there were books littering her cabinet... I investigated and asked who owns them and can I borrow a few... Of course I was thinking of options for my book challenge what else?!
And when I saw this book... This really struck me as familiar... right then and there I went online and checked whether this book SPEAK by Laurie Halse Anderson is the same movie of Kristen Stewart a few years back.. What I had on hand was this one and not the movie-tie-in book cover then I would have immediately have my answer yeah?



So even if it took me some time to decide what my next book would be - I've been toying with the idea of finally reading Dante's Inferno! I've been borrowing it from our school library and still haven't continued reading it! So I'll forfeit that! haha if I change my mind I have it on ebook anyway and can read it thru Stanza in my iTouch - and I thought why not read this story about a high school student who chose to be mum for her own reasons and defense mechanism...

Let's see how this book will change my impression of American high school students...

No comments: