jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Sunday, February 11, 2018

DREAM ON - Chapter 5, The Escape

DREAM ON is a story about a boy who is transported back to the times of the gladiators in Rome... or was it? I can't quite recall anymore... I would be going through the story again as I retype it here...

DISCLAIMER: All scenes, characters, names and places that may be similar to real situations are all coincidental and are just made up by a 12-year old kid.



“Let the games begin!” proclaimed the Emperor while instructing the guards.  “Let the first gladiator out and let us see who is the toughest.”

            As the Emperor instructed the guards, trumpets were playing and the audience was shouting as the gates slowly opened, letting the ferocious lion out of its cage.

            As the lion stepped out of its cage, it was roaring like thunder and hungers for food, waiting impatiently for its prey.

            “Now… Bring out the next gladiator!” exclaimed the Emperor.

            “Here is Old Hernews as our first prey,” shouted the guard.

            And after this announcement, the gates swiftly opened and let Old Hernews out tied with chains.  And then the people were surprised to see a boy following Old Hernews.

            As the Emperor saw this, “Who is this impostor with this old man?”

            “Remove their chains and let them speak for themselves,” the Emperor said.

            “Sir, to inform you I am not an impostor and who are you to make slaves of these people?” Mikey asked determined.

            “Who are you to say that to the Emperor?” the Emperor said irritably.

            “Who are you to interfere with my dream?” Mikey said.

            “What an imaginary boy you are… you even don’t know to whom you are talking to,” the Emperor said.  “Well to tell you, I have the power to harm you, and as we all know, you’re only a little boy.”
           
            “Enough of this nonsense.  Let the games begin!” the Emperor said.

            As Mikey and Old Hernews heard this, they quickly put their plan into action.

            “Old Hernews, do you have magic?” Mikey asked, his knees shaking as he heard the lion growl.

            “Well yes… what do you like me to do?” Old Hernews asked.

            “I want you to do some magic on the lion and turn him into a dog,” Mikey said.

            “Okay… I’ll try,” Old Hernews said as he thought about the magic words.

            “O dear magic turn this animal to a tame little dog,” and quickly Old Hernews pointed his cane to the lion’s mouth.

            As the magic worked, the lion started to growl but the sound was like that of a dog.

            “Woof! Woof!” the lion growled as he walked toward Mikey and licked his cheek.

            “What happened to our ferocious lion?” asked the Emperor in dismay.

            The audience kept on asking each other, “What happened?” as they looked at the tamed lion.

            “Well even though my magic did not work perfectly at least it’s worth it,” Old Hernews said as he watched Mikey and the lion.

            “We better escape while they are still wondering.  Let’s get a move on,” Mikey said.

            “But we need a ride,” said Old Hernews.

            “We have one here,” Mikey said as he pointed to the lion.  “Hop on!”

            And quickly Old Hernews and MIkey rode on the lion’s back and were swiftly carried away and out of the arena.

            As the Emperor saw this, he instructed the guards, “Catch those slaves!  Never come back without them!”

            “Giddy yap!” Mikey said as he hit the lion with Old Hernews’ cane.

            “Let’s try losing them,” Old Hernews said.

            “But how?  I don’t know much of this place,” Mikey said.

            “Turn right here.  I know a short cut,” Old Hernews said.

            As they turned right, the two chariots behind them quickly followed.

            “Now take the came while I mix up some of my magic,” Old Hernews proclaimed.

            As he turned his body and looked at the chariots behind them, he said, “O dear magic, help us now to block these chariots with a big, big cloud.”

            As he said this, his hands glowed and he pointed them to the chariots.  And as the magic worked, a big, big cloud blocked their view.

            “We lost them!” Mikey said relieved.

            “Now where’s our next stop?” Mikey asked.

            “Let’s turn right here.  My cottage is just around the corner,” Old Hernews said.

            As they reached Old Hernews’ house, they bid goodbye to their friend, the lion and went inside the small cottage.

            “What a nice cottage you have,” Mikey said in admiration.

            “Well it’s worth living for,” Old Hernews said.

            “What do you mean?” Mikey asked.

            “In this place, it’s hard to make a living especially with our Emperor sitting on the throne.  They steal money from the townsfolk and they catch some of them and make them slaves.  That’s why I’m very grateful to you for saving me,” Old Hernews said.

            “If it wasn’t for your magic we could be doomed,” Mikey said.

            “Well let’s say we both did it,” Old Hernews said.

            “Now that you have saved me, I can make good on my pledge,” Old Hernews proclaimed.

            “Now my boy, what is it that you wish?” Old Hernews asked.

            “I would like you to help me know more about my real parents,” Mikey said softly.

            “In what way?” asked Old Hernews.

            “Can you do some magic tricks and show me in a vision who my parents are,” Mikey said.

            “As you wish,” Old Hernews said as he looked through his books on the shelves above them.

            “Here!  I’ll just red them over and I’ll start,” Old Hernews said.

            As Old Hernews read the item in his book thoroughly, Mikey was waiting impatiently and hoping that he will know enough about his parents.

            “Okay, I have read it all over and I have mastered it already,” Old Hernews said.

            “That was fast,” Mikey said in amazement.

            “You children can never learn how to cope up with us hermits,” Old Hernews said.

            “Never mind… let’s start,” Mikey said irritably.

            After a few minutes of preparation, they were now ready to go through time.

            “Now it’s ready,” Old Hernews proclaimed.

            “Now look into this boiling pot and you will see a lot about your parents if you will just believe,” Old Hernews said.

            “I believe,” said Mikey.

            While Old Hernews was stirring the water in the pot, a figure was forming in it.

            “Now look into this pot and you will see your parents,” Old Hernews instructed.

            Mikey looked into the pot and saw a figure of a couple who looks exactly like him.

            “Are they my parents?” Mikey asked.

            “They sure are… Now look further,” Old Hernews said.

            As Mikey watched, he saw a familiar house.

            “That house looks like the house of… Ms. Austin!” he exclaimed.

            “It also has a blue sedan – the car of Ms. Austin,” he muttered.

            “There is a couple coming out of the house with a baby,” Mikey paused.  “The woman is like that of the picture of Jenifer Miller and her husband, John.”

            As Mikey stared at the baby, he noticed something.
           
            “The baby is wearing the same pendant as I’m wearing,” Mikey said.

            “Do you think they are my real parents?” he asked Old Hernews.

            “Do not ever be against my power, whatever you see here is true,” Old Hernews said.

            “If I may ask, why do you want to know about your real parents? Aren’t they living with you?” Old Hernews asked.

            The frown on his face quickly answered Old Hernews’ question.

            “Well thank you for your help, Old Hernews,” Mikey said.

            “My pleasure,” he answered.

            “One more thing, Old Hernews,” Mikey said.

            “What is it?”

            “Can you bring me back to my own time?” Mikey asked.

            “As you wish, my lad,” the old hermit said.

            “O dear magic, bring this young man to his very own land,” Old Hernews said as he pointed his fingers at Mikey and he disappeared.

  

            
Okay so I am back to cringing again while I type this... hahaha Gawd! There were a few scenes that really made me think of what the heck was really going through my head during that time?!... I just retyped it even if it didn't make much sense...  I think this chapter deserves a SMH emoji hahaha

No comments: