jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Sunday, February 11, 2018

DREAM ON - Chapter 6, Meeting At Church

DREAM ON is a story about a boy who is transported back to the times of the gladiators in Rome... or was it? I can't quite recall anymore... I would be going through the story again as I retype it here...

DISCLAIMER: All scenes, characters, names and places that may be similar to real situations are all coincidental and are just made up by a 12-year old kid.



          
              “Mikey… Mikey… Mikey, wake up! Time to go to church,” Mrs. Williams said as she knocked on Mikey’s room.

                “Haaaah! Coming, Mom,” Mikey answered.

                “Haaaa!” Mikey yawned.  “What an adventurous dream I had… I think it is…”
               
                “It was nice meeting old Hernews and knowing more about my… but do yu think that dream could really be showing the truth about my parents?” he asked himself.

                “Hmmmm to think it was the same story Ms. Austin told me about her sister…” Mikey paused.  “Could Ms. Austin be my long lost relative?  Could Mr. & Mrs. Miller be my real parents?... I’m confused.”

                “Well like Old Hernews said… if only you believe.  Well I believe that very soon, I’ll get to know the truth,” Mikey concluded.

                “When the time comes, mom and dad will tell me the truth.”

                “I better dress up for mass.” He said.


                “Francis dear, can you hand me my pearl necklace,” Mrs. Williams requested.

                “Here it is.  I’ll put it on for you,” Mr. Williams offered.

                “Thank you, dear,” Mrs. Williams said as she gave her husband a kiss.

                “We might as well go now,” Mr. Williams said.

                “Yes, you’re correct, we might be late for mass,” Mrs. Williams said.

                “Mrs. Williams got her shoulder bag and they passed by Mikey’s room.

                “Mikey, we have to go,” Mr. Williams said as he knocked at the door.

                “Yes, Dad, I’m coming,” Mikey answered.

                “I’m ready now,” Mikey said as he appeared in his doorway a few seconds later.

                “Ok let’s go,” Mrs. Williams said.


                As they rode off, they passed by Ms. Austin’s house.

                “I think Ms. Austin is going to mass… the best time for her to meet mom and dad,” Mikey whispered to himself.

                “That house looks like the house I saw in my dream,” Mikey said.

                As they have driven past the house, Mikey frowned, appearing as though he is losing hope of finding his real parents.  But we all know that Mikey already knows the whole truth just because of his dream…

               
                As they arrived at church, the family chose a pew near the altar.

                “It’s Ms. Austin,” Mikey said.  “I’ll introduce mom and dad to her at the end of the mass,” proclaimed Mikey.

                “Mom,” Mikey paused.  “Let’s not leave yet after the mass.”

                “Why is that?” asked Mrs. Williams.

                “I would like to introduce you to my teacher,” Mikey said.

                “Where is she?” asked Mrs. Williams.

            “She’s just there across the aisle,” Mikey said.

            “Okay after the mass we’ll talk to her,” Mrs. Williams said.

           
            At the end of the mass, Mikey quickly looked at Ms. Austin to see where she was heading.

            “I better follow her so I won’t lose her,” Mikey said.

            At a fast pace, he followed Ms. Austin with his parents behind him following at a distance.

            “Ms. Austin… Ms. Austin…” Mikey shouted.

            Ms. Austin heard this and she took a glance behind her to see who was calling her.  Then Mikey waved at her.

            As she saw this, she asked, “Who could this be?”

            “Ms. Austin… Ms. Austin…” Mikey shouted.

            As Mikey caught up with Ms. Austin, he was gasping for breath.  “Ms. Austin… Thank goodness you stopped!” exclaimed Mikey.

            “Why, what’s the matter?” asked the pretty lady.

            “I would like to introduce you to my parents,” he said.

            “Where are they?” Ms. Austin asked.

            Mikey looked back to see where his parents were.

            “There they are,” he said.

            “Mom… Dad… I’m here,” Mikey shouted as he waved to them.

            “Oh there you are,” Mrs. Williams said.

            “Mom… Dad… I would like you to meet my new adviser, Ms, Austin,” Mikey said.

            “Ms. Austin, they are my parents,” Mikey said.

            “Pleased to meet you,” Mrs. Williams said as she shook hands with her.

            “Nice to meet you,” Mr. Williams said.

            “It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. & Mrs. Williams,” Ms. Austin said.  “To think you look familiar… like I saw you somewhere before.”

            “Yes… we have the same feeling too,” Mrs. Williams said.

            “Can we talk in private,” Mr. Williams said as he instructed Mikey to go somewhere for awhile.

            As Mikey left…

            “Yes… I remember now…you’re the couple who adopted my nephew,” Ms. Austin said.

            “I also remember… are you Michelle Austin?” Mrs. Williams asked.

            “Yes I am,” Ms. Austin paused.  “I am now convinced – you are the couple.”

            “So now that we have met again…may we ask… how are the parents of Mikey?” Mr. Williams asked.

            “They died two months after you adopted Mikey,” Ms. Austin said softly.

            “We’re sorry,” Mrs. Williams said.

            “Now that you’ve seen your nephew, do you have any plans of getting him from us?” Mrs. Williams asked bluntly.

            “I don’t have the right to take your child away from you,” Ms. Austin said.

            “But we ask from you one favour,” Mr. Williams said.

            “What is it?” Ms. Austin asked.

            “We would like you to keep these things from Mikey,” Mrs. Williams pleaded.

            “For the sake of Mikey’s future, I will,” Ms. Austin said.

            “Thank you, Ms. Austin for being so cooperative,” Mr. Williams said.

            “It’s really my pleasure… just for my nephew,” Ms. Austin said.  “Please take good care of him.”

            “I hope we could talk like this again,” Mrs. Williams said.

            “We should be on our way home now,” Mr. Williams said.  “Would you like a lift home?”

            “No thank you.  I have my own ride,” Ms. Austin said.

            “We’ll be going now,” Mrs. Williams proclaimed.

            “Bye.  See you!” Ms. Austin said as she waved goodbye to the pretty couple.

            As the couple went outside, they met Mikey who was waiting impatiently by their car.

            “What took you so long?” Mikey asked curious.

            “We still had to talk to your teacher,” Mrs. Williams said.

            “Like what?”Mikey said irritably.

            “Enough of this talk and let’s go home,” Mr. Williams proclaimed.

           
            As the Williams rode off, Mikey was still wondering what his parents and Ms. Austin talked about at the church.

            “Mom… Dad… you haven’t answered my question yet,” Mikey said crossly.  “What were you talking about with my teacher?”

            “Mom! Dad! Why don’t you tell me?” Mikey exclaimed.

            “I think it’s about my real parents…” Mikey uttered.

            “How do you know?” Mrs. Williams asked.

            “So the truth comes out after all.  You were talking about my parents…”Mikey said.

            “Tell me… Tell me about them.  Come on Mom… Dad… it’s high time that you tell me,” Mikey said.

            After Mr. and Mrs. Williams heard this from Mikey, they looked at each other and understood what the other was thinking.

            “Shaine, I think we better tell him,” Mr. Williams said.

            Mrs. Williams took a deep breath and started telling Mikey, “Ms. Austin is your long lost relative,” Mrs. Williams paused.  “She is your aunt.”

            “How about my real parents?” Mikey asked anxiously.

            “They died two months after we adopted you,” Mr. Williams said softly.

            “Now that you know the whole truth, we hope you will still love us as the way you always do,” Mrs. Williams said tearfully.

            “Of course.” Mikey said.  “You are my parents.”

            That’s my boy!” Mr. Williams proclaimed.

            “Let’s have a small party when we get home,” Mrs. Williams said.

            “Yehey!” Mikey screamed happily.



The 12-year old me obviously did not like the dramatic confrontation... I kept it neat and simple...over and done with haha...

No comments: