jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

random thoughts: corny animal jokes and old school discos

My cousins were visiting me in my office yesterday since they discovered they can bug me and use the internet...I was lugging along my laptop for the past weeks so I had 2 means of online access...

so one cousin was at my desktop pc, while the younger cousin was using the laptop...and both of them were chatting with my sis...and my other cousin in Pampanga...and to entertain my cousins...my sister thought of animal jokes...

so if you don't want to be annoyed with these dumb jokes... just move right along...


Duck dictionary...every answer should have the word DUCK...


Anong tawag sa maliit na duck?


Alyanna: Duckling

Kit: Tama yun!

Kisan: Mali! Eh di... PAN-DUCK!


Anong tawag sa maingay na duck?

Alyanna: anoooooooooooooooooooo (that's how my 8yr old cuzin types)

Kisan: Eh di... MaDUCKDUCK

Alyanna: (tells me) Ate Kit di ko maintindihan sabi ni Ate Kisan....

Kit laughs while reading over her shoulder and trying to explain the punchline to a toddler...



Anong tawag sa hayop na kaya nya ang lahat ng bagay?

Paolo: Elephante (wrong spelling pa)

Kisan: Mali!

Alyanna: Rhino...

Kisan: Mali...

Paolo: MALAKASAURUS! (susme! magisip ba ng panibagong animal specie?)

Kisan: insert laughing out loud icon here

Alyanna: Anoooooooooooooo

Kisan: eh di ... CHICKEN...Chicken cook...Chicken eat...Chicken dance...chicken do everything!

Alyanna: (with a little prodding from Ate Kit) duh!!!



*****


topics of conversation i think heavily depends on the people you're with...specifically the age or generation you rub elbows withso since I consider myself as part of the old-school gen...and most of my friends are of the same generation as me... we tend to reminisce and talk about...yup! old school...


and one funny topic over dinner last night...was the fave hangout discos of old...


yup! it wasn't called clubbin or bar hopping like how it's known now...but disco trippin'...so we were talking about famous songs a couple of years back like... Dying Inside... Stars... Xtasi Xtano and so forth and comparing and validating how old we were then when it was all the rage..and we got to talking about discos...and I didn't celebrate my debut so I can't relate...but my friend said she celebrated hers at a disco in Pasong Tamo (now Arnaiz St) in the then famous - EquinoX! haha... and then we got to mentioning this other disco at the corner of San Antonio Village - Mars!... we kept on arguing coz I thought it was named different...something like Ozone (oops! sa QC pala yun!)... and then I asked what was that disco at the ground floor Hotel Intercon?...the one facing the parking lot (now the shuttle terminal)...my friend answered: Wherelse! ... Yeah I know that was it but it was named something else before that.... and she kinda had doubts too and had to call up our other old school friends to verify - coz she says she can't sleep until she figures it out! haha... I was tossing around names like... something Mexican...Chillis?...Siete Pecados? haha... then on her 2nd call...ding! ding! Euphoria! wohoo! she can sleep soundly now haha


No comments: