jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Dream On - Chapter 7, Invitation

DREAM ON is a story about a boy who is transported back to the times of the gladiators in Rome... or was it? I can't quite recall anymore... I would be going through the story again as I retype it here...

DISCLAIMER: All scenes, characters, names and places that may be similar to real situations are all coincidental and are just made up by a 12-year old kid.

‐------------‐

As the Williams arrived home, Mrs. Williams instructed Mikey to invite some of his friends.

“Why don’t you invite your friends to lunch,” said Mrs. Williams.

“Okay Mom, if you say so,” Mikey said as he quickly ran to their phone and dialed Livie’s number.

As the phone rang, Livie quickly answered it.

“Hello.”

“Hello.  Is this Livie?” Mikey asked shyly.

“Yes, speaking,” Livie said.

“Oh hi Livie, it’s Mikey,” he said.

“Hi! What’s up?” she asked.

“I would like to invite you to have lunch at our house,” Mikey proclaimed.

“What’s the occasion?” Livie asked curious.

“Well my mom just wanted us to have a get together,” Mikey said.

“If you want to, you can invite Kate and Liza over,” Mikey said.

“What time are we supposed to be there?” Livie asked as she curled the phone wire on her forefinger.

“At about eleven thirty,” MIkey said.

“Okay we’ll be there,” Livie said.

“See you.  Bye!” Mikey said.

“Bye!” Livie said as she quickly put down the receiver and started looking for Kate’s number.

“Oh here it is,” she said as she quickly dialed her number.

As the phone rang, Kate dropped the pocket book she was reading and swiftly ran to the kitchen, where the phone was.

“Hello.  May I speak with Kate,” Livie said sweetly.

“Speaking,” Kate answered quickly.

“Oh it’s you!” Kate said as she identified Livie’s voice.  “So what’s happening?”

“Well, Mikey called up,” Livie said.

“Tell me the good news… I don’t care if Mikey called,” Kate said crossly.

“He invited me to have lunch at their house,” Livie said sweetly.

“Oooh! So there is really something happening,” Kate said laughing.

“Stop that!” Livie said.  “To tell you the truth he invited you too.”

“Well I don’t want to interfere,” Kate said jokingly.

“Will you please stop that!” Livie exclaimed – not her usual sweetness.

“Okay… Okay…” Kate proclaimed.  “What time are we supposed to be there?

“Mikey said at about eleven thirty,” Livie answered – back to her sweetness.

“Are we the only ones invited?” Kate asked.  “It would be boring!”

“Mikey said he will be inviting some of his friends too,” Livie said.  “But we can also invite Liza.”

“I’ll call her up,” Kate offered.

“Okay tell her all the things I’ve told you,” Livie said as she was looking at her clock.

“Oh it’s already ten o’ clock.  We better get started,” LIvie proclaimed.

“Ok, I’ll call up Liza,” Kate said as she was turning the pages of an address book beside her.

“Don’t forget what I’ve told you,” Livie reminded her.

“Don’t worry,” Kate said.  “Ok bye.”

“Bye!” Livie answered back as she quickly put down the receiver and ran to her room to look for a casual dress to wear.

As Livie was choosing what to wear, the phone rang…

R-R-R-R-I-I-I-I-N-N-N-N-G-G-G-G!

As Livie heard this, she hastily dropped her dress on the floor and ran to the phone, hearing nothing but a dial tone.

“I swiftly ran to the phone and here no one answers… oh my goodness!” she said.

As she stood up, the phone rang again…

“Well this better be good,” she said as she picked up the receiver.  “Hello.”

“Hello, is this Livie?” the one on the phone answered.

“Yes… is this Mikey?” she asked as she recognized his voice.

“Yes it is,” Mikey said.

“Did you call up Liza and Kate?” Mikey asked.

“I called up Kate and I asked her if she can call up Liza too,” Livie said.

“Oh by the way,” Livie paused.  “Kate was asking if we were the only ones invited?”

“No.  I’m still going to call up Jeremy and talk to him,” Mikey said.

“Okay.  Well it’s just nice to know that there are others invited,” Livie proclaimed.

“Well, Livie, that’s all that I wanted to know,” Mikey said.  “Don’t be late.”

“I assure you.  Bye” Livie said.

“See you!” Mikey said.

As Mikey finished on the phone, he ran to the kitchen to look for his mother.

Upon seeing Mikey, Mrs. Williams smiled at her son.  “Did you invite your friends already?” she asked.

“Yes.” Mikey answered.  “But I have to invite one more.” he said.

“Well you better invite him now,” the lovely woman said.  “My stew is already boiling.”

“Okay, Mom but I have to go to his house,” Mikey said.

“May I ride on my bike,” he pleaded.

“Yes of course but hurry up,” Mrs. Williams instructed.

“Right mom,” Mikey said.

“Okay now go,” Mrs. Williams said as Mikey kissed his goodbye.

After saying this to his mom, he swiftly ran to the garage and got his bike and opened the gate.

As he rode off, he thought of passing by Ms. Austin’s house to check on the lady.

As he passed by, he saw Ms. Austin watering her daisies and planting some more.  As he saw this he stopped for awhile and watched Ms. Austin.

As the minutes gone by, the sun grew hotter and the breeze was not as cool as it was making people perspire all over.  Mikey was still watching Ms. Austin, not knowing what time it was.  As he looked at his watch, he gasped in surprise.

“It’s quarter to eleven already.  I better get going,” he said.

As he was about to leave, he took a glance at Ms.Austin.  He saw that Ms. Austin was holding her head and looked like she was dizzy.

“What could be happening to Ms. Austin?” Mikey asked himself.

As he continued to stare at Ms. Austin, the lady was now trying to stand up but with difficulty.  But as she stood up, she fell on the ground, which Mikey saw and he started going up the fence of Ms. Austin to help her.

As he caught up with Ms. Austin, he quickly felt Ms. Austin’s forehead.

“Ms. Austin, are you feeling fine?” Mikey asked.

“Yes I am,” Ms. Austin answered.  “Who are you?” she asked as she slowly looked at her rescuer.

“Oh it’s, Mikey,” she said in a soft voice.  “Thanks for helping me.”

“My pleasure,” he said.

“I better bring you inside your house before anything else happens,” Mikey said.

Mikey quickly helped Ms. Austin rise on her feet.  As he did so, he accompanied Ms. Austin inside her house and laid her on the couch, just beside the door.

“Would you like me to bring you a glass of water?” he asked.

Ms. Austin answered Mikey with a nod and he ran for the kitchen,

As he came back with a glass of water, he quickly gave her the glass he was holding.

“Here you go, Ms. Austin,” Mikey said as he handed the glass of water to her.

“Thank you very much,” Ms. Austin said as she gave a sigh.

“I’m sorry if I cause you a lot of trouble,” Ms. Austin said.  “I think that’s why you passed by because you were going somewhere.”

As Mikey heard this from Ms. Austin, he looked at his watch.

“It’s already eleven o’ clock,” he said.  “I better get going.  Do you think I can leave you now?” he asked.

“Of course, I’m feeling fine already,” she said as she gave Mikey a nod.  “Yes you can go now. Don’t worry about me.”

“If you say so,” Mikey said.  “Okay… Bye…”

“Bye… and thanks again,” Ms. Austin said as she led Mikey out of the house into the garden.

As he got his bike and rode off, he waved at Ms. Austin who also answered him with a wave.

As he arrived at Jeremy’s house, he left his bike and pressed the doorbell, waiting impatiently.

“Will someone open the door.  Mom will be worried and I’ll be late too,” Mikey said.

And immediately, someone opened the door in Mikey’s surprise it was Jeremy.

“Oh hi Mikey,” Jeremy said, “Would you like to come in,” he said as he opened the door.

“No, this won’t take long,” Mikey said.  “I’m inviting you to have lunch at our house.

“Oh! That’s terrific!” Jeremy exclaimed.

“Ask permission from your mom and let’s get going,” Mikey said.

“Okay but you really don’t want to come in and wait inside?” Jeremy asked.

“No thank you.  I’ll just wait for you here but hurry up!” he exclaimed.

“Okay,” Jeremy answered.

After Mikey instructed Jeremy to dress up, Jeremy quickly slammed the door behind him and and ran up the stairs toward his room, leaving Mikey waiting.

“It’s already eleven quarter,” Mikey said to himself worried.  “I hope Jeremy hurries up.”

After a few more minutes of waiting, Mikey saw Jeremy coming out of their garage with his bike.

“Let’s go!” Jeremy said.

“Okay,” Mikey said.  “Let’s have a race to our house,” Mikey said as he challenged Jeremy.

“Sure,” Jeremy answered.  “Let’s see how good you are!”

“At my signal… ready… get set… go!” Mikey shouted.

----

Incidentally, we still have a landline at home up to this day... the phone conversation is plain but nostalgic a bit for me haha

No comments: