jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Dream On - Final Chapter 12

DREAM ON is a story about a boy who is transported back to the times of the gladiators in Rome... or was it? I can't quite recall anymore... I would be going through the story again as I retype it here...

DISCLAIMER: All scenes, characters, names and places that may be similar to real situations are all coincidental and are just made up by a 12-year old kid.

‐------------‐

“Where am I?” Mikey asked as he opened his eyes to see his parents beside him.  “Mom… Dad… what am I doing here? Where am I?”  he asked.

“Don’t worry.  We’re in the hospital.” Mrs. Williams said.  “You just had a bad accident awhile ago,” Mr. Williams announced.

“Accident?  What accident?” Mikey asked forgetting what happened to him.  “You’re going to be fine,” Mrs. Williams said.  “Have some rest.  You’ll need it for our trip home,” the lovely lady ended as she gave a comforting smile to her son.

Mikey looked around the room to see his friends; Kate, Livie, Liza and Jeremy, seated by the couch beside Ms. Austin.  “Oh! I remember!” Mikey said.  “What is it?” Mrs. Williams said in a whispering voice.

“I had the most wonderful dream,” he said.

“What did you dream about?” asked his father.

“I dreamt about my real parents and I also saw Ms. Austin there,” Mikey said as he looked at Ms. Austin, who gave him a smile.

Looking back to his parents, he was very lonely.  “Why are you so sad, my son?” Mrs. Williams asked sweetly.  “It didn’t go as nice as I thought it would be,” Mikey said.  “At the end of my dream, I witnessed the tragic end of my real parents,” Mikey said as a tear rolled down his cheek.

“Don’t worry,” Ms. Austin said as she approached the bed of Mikey.  “I think now they are really happy for you, now that you have parents like you have now,” she smiled and put her hand on Mrs. Williams’ shoulders.

“How nice of you to say that, Ms. Austin,” Mikey said.  “I will never ever give up my wonderful parents,” Mikey said as Mr. and Mrs. Williams gave him a kiss on both cheeks.

“Oh and one more thing,” Mr. Williams paused.  “Mikey, don’t you know how to respect your aunt,” he said as he looked at his wife.  “You mean… Dad…?” Mikey said.

“Yes, Mikey.  You can now call Ms. Austin your aunt,” Mrs. Williams said.

“Sorry to interrupt the conversation,” Kate said.  “I would only like to know if you would continue with the part?” she asked as Liza answered her with a raised eyebrow.  “You really are quick when it comes to food,” Liza said.

“Oh yes… the party!” Mikey said.  “Are we not going to continue it?” Mikey asked eagerly.

“Your father and I decided to celebrate it in a different way,” announced Mrs. Williams.

“What do you mean?” Mikey asked.

“Well it’s almost Christmas so we would like to celebrate it at a skiing resort,” Mr. Williams proclaimed.

“Really, Dad?  You’re not joking?” Mikey asked.

“Of course not.  We were even planning to invite your friends,” his father said.

“You mean we’re invited too?” Jeremy exclaimed.

“Yes, together with Ms. Austin,” Mrs. Williams said.

“Well that would really be a fun-filled trip!” Livie said dreamily.

“Would you believe that? We’re going to a ski resort for free!” proclaimed Liza while everyone laughed at what she said.

“When will this be, Mr. Williams?” Jeremy asked as he rose on his feet and approached him.  “The sooner the better,” Mr. Williams answered.

“That’s great, Dad!” exclaimed Mikey as he gently sat on his bed.

“Be careful or else you might stay here a bit longer,” Mrs. Williams said.

“Well I can’t wait to get out from here and go to that resort!” Mikey said as he hugged his parents.



***THE  END***


Two things... it was a short story... and I didn't remember that I ended it that abruptly... perhaps I didn't want much complications to the story... my 12-year old mind can't handle telenovela-like conflicts hahaha😂

Hope you enjoyed killing time with this short story of mine as much as I enjoyed retyping it...

Gawd! What was I thinking back then?! SMH 😅

No comments: