jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Thursday, February 8, 2018

DREAM ON - Chapter 3, Unfulfilling


DREAM ON is a story about a boy who is transported back to the times of the gladiators in Rome... or was it? I can't quite recall anymore... I would be going through the story again as I retype it here...

DISCLAIMER: All scenes, characters, names and places that may be similar to real situations are all coincidental and are just made up by a 12-year old kid.

  
            “Hmmmm! This tastes delicious, dear,” Mr. Williams said as he took a bite on his steak.

            “Well thank you for the complimen,t dear,” the housewife said.

            “Mikey, what happened in school today?” asked his dad.

            “Nothing much.  Like always…okay…” he said gloomily.

            “Why so sad, my son?  You even have not touched your food yet.  What’s the problem, dear?” asked Mrs. Williams anxiously.

            “Are you still thinking of your dream last night?” asked his dad.

            “It’s not really that… I’m thinking about our new teacher.  She looks like the one in my dream,” he paused.  “And I noticed that I look a little like her.  Do you think she could be my relative of some sort?”

            “And Dad, I’m already at the right age to know who my parents are.  Can you allow me to search for them?” he pleaded.

            “We don’t want to lose you.  We won’t allow you to search for them,” she protested.

            “I just want to meet them.  It doesn’t mean that I’ll forget all about you,” Mikey answered.

            “Well, that is what you’re giving us as the reason? We won’t let you and that’s final!  Do you understand?” Mr. Williams asked sternly.

            “Yes, Dad,” he answered helplessly.

            “Now finish your food and go straight to your room,” Mr. Williams said.

            “Yes, Dad,” the boy answered.

            “Now go!” his dad said.

            So he stood up and sadly went to his room, looking back at his dad.

            “Dear, don’t be too cruel on the child,” Mrs. Williams protested.

            “Well it’s the right discipline for him,” Mr. Williams said determined.

            When Mikey reached his room, he opened door, slammed it and locked the door.  As he had done this he fell on his bed and started crying.

            “Why…why…why me?!” Mikey said weeping.  “Why do I have to be an adopted child… lost… in a way I don’t know where I belong…” he continued.

            After uttering this, he rolled back and forth on his bed, punching the mattress and pillow, growling and throwing his pillow and the air and catching it with a punch.

            As he rested his anger, he started his crying again, crying himself to sleep.

            And in no time, he was dozing off in a deep slumber.

            And as usual, he was again having his dream.

           
            He was back to the small dark cell seeing nothing but darkness.  And in a flash, a spark of light appeared.  He again saw a figure.  He was the old man with a small wooden cane.  He looked like a sorcerer or a hermit.

            And in a snap, Mikey was with him in the dark cel.

            “Where am I?” he asked.

            No one answered.  The old man just kept on staring at him.

            “What are you doing here?” Mikey asked.

            But he did not reply.  He just kept on staring at him.


            And then suddenly….

            R-R-R-R-R-R-I-I-I-I-I-N-N-N-N-G-G-G-G!

            “Huh! What happened?”
           
            Mikey woke up amidst his dream wondering…
           
            “How did I get inside my dream?” he paused.  “Who is that old man?  And what is he doing there in the… I don’t understand!  What is going on?”

            “Mikey, wake up,” his mom shouted.

            “Yes Mom, I’m coming,” Mikey answered.

            “Hurry up, food is ready,” his mom retorted.

            As he heard this, he quickly got up, opened his cabinet and got his towel and went to the bathroom.  As he finished, he opened his closet and got a pair of jeans and a blue-printed t-shirt.  He also got his rubber shoes and wore it together with his black blazer and went out his room.

            As he went out of his room, he dashed for the stairs and he slid down the banister to the kitchen.  But he did not notice the statue at the end of the stairs until he hit it and fell on the floor.

            Upon rising… “Ouch! That’s some great move!  I’ll do it better next time… if there is a next time,” he said while rubbing his knees in pain.

            “Mom!  What’s for breakfast?” he asked as he was dragging his leg into the kitchen.

            “Why are you dragging your leg in here?” his mom asked.

            “Well Mom I think when I grow up, I want to be a stuntman,” Mikey said with a smile.

            “Well you deserve it for being so rough,” Mrs. Williams said.  “Now sit down and wait for your food.”

            “Oh Mom, I remember,” he paused.  “I’m sorry about last night.  I hope you can forgive me.”

            His mother did not reply, she just paid attention to what she was doing.

            As Mikey heard no reply from his mother, he just frowned and pouted.

            After a few minutes, Mrs. Williams was bringing in the food of Mikey.

            “Here’s your food, Mikey.  Eat up!” she exclaimed.

            “Mom, where’s Dad?” Mikey asked.

            “He has an important meeting to go to so he left early.  You have to use your bike for today.  Finish your food so you can start your trip early,” she retorted.

            As he finished his breakfast, he gave his mom a kiss and went to the garage to get his bike.
            As he rode his bike to school, he passed by Jeremy walking by the sidewalk.

            “Hi, Jeremy!” he said as he stopped by him.

            “Oh hi, Mikey!  What’s a coincidence seeing you here…” Jeremy said.

            “Do you want a lift to school?” Mikey asked.

            “If you don’t mind…” Jeremy said.

            “Of course not.  Hop on and we’ll be late for school,” retorted Mikey.

            “Okay,” Jeremy said.

            So Jeremy rode at the back of Mikey’s bike and they were on their way to school.


            As they arrived at school…

            “We’re here!” exclaimed Mikey.  “But before we go inside our room, I’ll put my bike at the bicycle stand and lock it.”

            “Okay, I’ll wait for you here,” proclaimed Jeremy.

            As Mikey finished, he met Jeremy where he left him and together they entered their campus. 

            Upon entering the school, they saw Kate, Liza and Livie striding up the stairs. 

            “Kate! Liza! Livie! Wait up!” shouted Mikey.

            Upon hearing this, the three girls stopped as they waited for the two boys.

            “You’re late.  It’s almost five minutes before the bell rings,” Liza exclaimed.

            “Well it’s hard to get here by bike,” proclaimed Mikey.

            “Never mind.  Enter our classroom before the bell rings,” Kate said.

            “But before that let’s keep our things in our lockers,” Livie said.

            “Okay,” Jeremy said.

            So they entered their campus and passed by their lockers.

            “Livie, can I borrow your notebook in English?” Liza asked.
            “Yes of course.  I’ll just get it from my bag,” retorted Livie.

            “Hurry up! The bell will ring any minute!” proclaimed Kate.

            “Okay we’re done! Let’s go now,” Livie said.

            So as they entered the room, they sat at their respective seats waiting for the bell to ring.

            “Oh Jeremy, did you bring your book?” Mikey asked.

            “What book?” he said.

            “The book about how you can go back in time through your dreams,” Mikey said.

            “Ah it’s with me… why?” Jeremy asked.

            “Can I borrow it?” asked Mikey.

            “Yeah sure.  I’ll just get it from my desk,” Jeremy said.

            As he looked through his things in his desk, he found the book and handed it to Mikey, saying… “Here it is.”

            “Thank you.  Can I return it to you tomorrow?” pleaded Mikey.

            “Sure,” Jeremy answered.

            And then…

            R-R-R-R-I-I-I-I-N-N-N-N-G-G-G-G

            “I better go back to my seat,” Mikey uttered to himself.

            As Mikey and the other children sat in their chairs, Ms. Austin appeared with a smile on her face.

            “Good morning, class.”

            “Good morning, Ms. Austin,” everyone chorused.

            “Okay bring out your notebooks and I’ll check your homework,” she said as she opened her class record.

            “Please pass your notebooks to the front, quietly,” she instructed.

            So everyone got their notebooks and passed it towards the front.

            “At the count of three…1…2…3… Very slow!” she proclaimed.

            “Okay class, as I check your homework, please copy this,” Ms. Austin said as she instructed Mikey to hang it on the board.

            “Mikey can you hang this there,” she pointed.

            “Yes, ma’am,” Mikey said.

            As he finished, he went back to his seat being welcomed by his friends.

            “Bravo! Bravo! What a fine performance,” Kate said jokingly.

            “A fine performance indeed,” Liza said.

            “Hush! Stop that!” Mikey protested.

            “Sssssh! Quiet please,” Ms. Austin said.

            After that warning, everyone got their books and copied… except for Mikey.

            “May I see that!” said Kate as she grabbed the book Mikey was reading.

            “Hey!  I’m still reading that!” Mikey exclaimed.  “Give that back to me!”

            “Okay…okay you’ll have your book,”’ Kate said.

            “What is the cause of the commotion? Mr. Miller?  Ms. Lawrence?” Ms. Austin said.  “Keep quiet please.”

            “Yes, ma’am,” they answered.

            So they went back and finished what they were copying.


            As they finished…

            “Let’s talk about what you have just copied,” the teacher said.

            “Mikey please explain the first item,” she said.

            As he stood up, he started explaining the first item.

            While he was explaining… “Kate, put the book of Mikey on his chair so that when he sits on it…” Liza said mischievously.
            “If you say so…” Kate said.

            So as Mikey finished, Kate quickly put the book beneath him.

            “Hey! What is this?” Mikey said as he held the book.

            “Well it is a book,” Liza exclaimed.

            Everyone was laughing until Ms. Austin quieted them down.

            “Quiet please… this is the last warning!” Ms. Austin exclaimed.

            “You know even though Ms. Austin looks sweet her mouth is as noisy as a herd of mooing cows.”

            “No, like a gorilla out of his cage,” exclaimed Kate as Liza started laughing.

            “Hey shut up!” Livie said furiously – not her usual sweet self.

            So again they were all listening to the teacher.

            “I’m getting bored!” proclaimed LIvie.

            “Don’t you know what the lesson is all about?” asked Kate.
           
            “What?” asked Livie.

            “What else except the sense of boringness!” exclaimed Liza.

            “But of course!” exclaimed Livie.

            “Shut up!” Ms. Austin said.  “If you don’t want me to throw you out of this class you better shut up…”

            So after this furious announcement, the children all kept quiet and waited for the bell.

            And in no time…

            R-R-R-R-I-I-I-I-N-N-N-N-G-G-G-G!

            “Yehey!” Kate said.

            “Free again!” exclaimed Liza.

            “Come! Let’s go out and buy our snack,” Livie said back to her own sweet self.

            “Hey Mikey! Come on let’s go!” invited Jeremy.

            “Are you still stuck on that book?” Liza asked snapping her fingers in front of his eyes.

            “Hey! What’s happening to you?” asked Livie.

            But Mikey was still reading his book like he was hypnotized.

            “Never mind about him… let’s go!” proclaimed Jeremy.

             As they left the room, Mikey was still reading his book.

            He said to himself,  “It is writer here that you can go through time by thinking of a sweet thought… A sweet thought?  What sweet thought?”

            “Hey there’s another thing written here,” he paused.  “You need something that will remind you of the past.”

            “What can I use?” Mikey mumbled.

            “Never mind…I’ll just think of this later on when I go home,” he said.




  Now I know what my writing style was when I was a kid... it's as if I was simply telling a story... straight forward and all... no descriptions and just the basics... Well... I am still cringing hahaha 

No comments: