jimmyelmo
kitty,cuddly,kitten,stuffed dog

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

First time to do water color art

At work we get to enlist in specific "Learning Classes" where we can learn more from our usual jobs...

We've had cooking, technical writing and even basic Spanish classes to name a few...

I am currently enlisted in the Art Appreciation class and we had our 3rd session today...

 

So during our session (we did pencil sketching and shadowing the last two sessions) earlier this afternoon, our teacher taught us basic water coloring...

She asked us to do a simple sketch of 3-5 flowers on a sheet of paper... It's your choice to copy hers or lift something from the internet... A few of us had our phones with us... She showed us a short vidclip tutorial on how to use water color and blending with the right brush strokes techniques and amount of water...

 

 Here's my pencil sketch... I did a few more than was asked since I wanted to maximize the space 😁 

And tada!




Unfortunately for me, I can't erase water color so I had a lot of color off the edges which I tried to mask with blending 🙈

 



 Our teacher said that my work reminded her of drawings from The Little Prince book 😂



What I learned, aside from the fact that I need more practice 😁, is that doing water color is quite soothing because you need a certain kind of finess, discipline and patience to do a passable painting 😊

No comments: